Initial recipe here
So its been a little over a week and I decided that I wanted to switch over to a secondary... Hey its my first time and I wanted to see the whole experience.
Some observations and questions are as follows:
1. WOW, I would never have thought that so much yeast ended up in the bottom of my bucket. The whole bottom was covered in almost an inch of yeast... I guess its normal but far from what I would have expected... Amazing!
2. Gravity check today was at 1.021 plus or minus a tiny bit. (Im still learning how to read my hydrometer. Im expecting it to go lower in the secondary, which I plan on letting it sit two weeks.
Is this enough? 2 weeks in the secondary, or should I go solely by FG?
3. The taste - My wife (who was skeptical about this whole beer making thing, said it was quite good) Personal opinion is that it tastes a bit watery by overal similar to a nut brown ale. TASTY!
4. The smell is amazing, fresh and hoppy (I finally know what that actually means)
5. Color is almost like a dark nut brown ale, even thought this qualifies as a bitter.
Any comments and recommendations for the next two weeks would be greatly appreciated.
OVERALL, Im amazingly suprised by my first ever attempt at bear making.
next weekend Im putting together a honey chamomile hefeweisen!