The HOAX that is Global Warming - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The HOAX that is Global Warming

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
nevercominhome
Recipes 

Feb 2008
NoCar

In response to

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICLARK
I dont believe in the whole global warming thing.

WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS! How can you possibly deny the reality of global warming! Please give a follow up post telling me your kidding!
How can you so readily accept the premise of global warming? How long have you been here? And who are you (or we for that matter) to determine the optimum temperature of the planet? Seriously, open your mind and realize that you are being brainwashed by liberal idiots...

Old 04-25-2008, 02:38 AM   #2
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 808 Times on 512 Posts

That thread was closed for a reason. Please don't re-open this can of worms.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 AM   #3
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts

Not getting involved in this one, but I will dawn a helmet, pull up a chair and order a pint of the finest...

okay...so what is this whole "earth is getting warmer thing...?...do tell..."

Old 04-25-2008, 02:42 AM   #4
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts

Bye. Iheartglobalwarming.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
nevercominhome
Recipes 

Feb 2008
NoCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher
Not getting involved in this one, but I will dawn a helmet, pull up a chair and order a pint of the finest...

okay...so what is this whole "earth is getting warmer thing...?...do tell..."
There are actual studies that say that the earth is in fact getting cooler...and I'm sure the environmentalist's will say that "they're" work to reduce all this crap has had some effect. I can only hope that my brewing increases the myth of "global warming"!

Old 04-25-2008, 02:56 AM   #6
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Liked 87 Times on 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercominhome
How can you so readily accept the premise of global warming? How long have you been here? And who are you (or we for that matter) to determine the optimum temperature of the planet? Seriously, open your mind and realize that you are being brainwashed by liberal idiots...
First off, I commend you on your trolling attempt. Starting a thread by calling the other side "idiots"- way to go. That's really a great way to start an intelligent discussion. Since you are apparently trolling, and since you aren't looking for a rational discussion, as you've proven by starting out calling people names, I guess the remainder of this post will not interest you. However...

First of all, your post contains a fallacy, known as a straw man. It is where you take another side's position, make something up about what they believe and then defeat this made up argument.

You suggested that a believer in global warming believes they know what the "optimal temperature" is for the earth. Of course, this is ridiculous. Just like your post. I believe in global warming. I also believe in airplanes. Believing in airplanes does not mean that I believe they are held up in the air by faeries. Similarly, believing in global warming does not mean I have the answer, or for that matter, even believe that it is caused by man.

Another thing, It's one thing to believe in global warming. It's another thing to believe that you have the answer to it. The globe is warmer right now than it was during the ice age. It has been an ongoing trend toward warmth. That is PROOF of global warming. It has nothing to do with the causes or the effects. It is merely an observation, and from all I've read, it is an accurate one. I'm not saying it is caused by humans. But I have no doubt in my mind that the world is warmer right now than it was at some time in the past. That is global warming. And I really don't see how that is contestable in the least.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #7
Rick_R
Still Love Fried Chicken
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Southeastern US
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
First off, I commend you
Quote:
First of all, your post contains a fallacy
Okay, *I'm* not getting in this debate, but I have to call foul on two "first of alls"

Rick

Old 04-25-2008, 03:11 AM   #8
Air Pirate

Recipes 

Dec 2007
K-Rock, Northern Mexico/Southern Texas
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

o, i love fun debates like this.

http://www.xkcd.com/386/

Closed Thread