Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Solution to sanke fittings

Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
ClutchDude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Solution to sanke fittings

I don't know if anyone else here has this problem but transitioning between 1/4" barb fitting for Soda kegs and 7/8" beer nut for the sanke coupler is a pain!

What you can do is take a 5/8" NPT-M to 1/4" NPT-F flared fitting and cut the gas flare off. Cut it off right above the threads, but don't hit them.

A dremel can do it, but an angle grinder and steady hands makes quick work of it.
Make sure there is an o-ring in your 5/8" wing-nut/hex nut and tighten. Put a 1/4" barb NPT-M into the other side and run your 3/16" or 1/4" line. Remove the flare when you need to use a sanke coupler.

I've been doing this since January and have had no leaks (including the gas) to date.

I can put some photos up later if anyone is really interested.

Now, back to getting the s$@* spear o-ring compressed and getting the snap ring on.

Landed In Texas.
Primary 1: Blonde?(9/14/2013)
Primary 2: Empty
Sanke madness!
Sanke Spiral Ring Installing, Sanke Coupler diassembly, Keggle Heatshield, Sanke fitting to Soda kegs

Reason: Making it more accurate?