Finally got my hops in the ground. I planted two rhizomes per 1.5' x 3' "mound". The soil in my back yard was so rich, I wondered if I needed to add anything, but went ahead and mixed in 1/2 a bag of compost/manure per mound. After I planted the rhizomes I gave each mound a good soaking and covered with mulch.
I was a bit bummed. Both my Saaz rhizomes had really nice shoots, but when I got them they had spent a long time in the mail and one was showing signs of rotting. I removed the rotten material, but I guess I didn't remove enough as the other shoot tip was beginning to rot too, so I cut that before planting as well. Luckily the other Saaz rhizome still looked good. Also, I could've sworn at least one Hallertauer had a little bud going before, but I didn't see one when I planted them. Now, one of my Crystal rhizomes had a nice shoot that had grown to about 3" just sitting in the fridge. OF course, one of my dogs somehow managed to step in the very spot this rhizome had been planted before I could get the fencing up. I sure hope it didn't hurt it any.
Now to play the waiting game.