My neighbors - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My neighbors

Old 04-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
Hopleaf

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Little Elm, TX
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

God love 'em. Every time I setup my brewing equipment they have to make comments, including her husband grumbling 'good luck with that once your baby arrives'. Every time my wife and I work on the garden he complains I'm creating more work for him. They always let their dogs crap in my yard. Today stood there talking to me while the dog did it, without a concern in the world.

Sigh.

* Kolsch
* Apfelwein batch #lots

Old 04-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Chester, VA
Liked 18 Times on 8 Posts

Many times I've brewed in the kitchen with my daughter watching from her bouncy seat.

When we move, I want a house in the country, but SWMBO wants one in an 'association' so the kids can use the pool, tennis courts etc. Guess who wins that argument?

Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
Sean

Recipes 

May 2006
Sandhills of NC
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Was it Mark Twain who said "Good fences make good neighbors"?

Maybe Ben Franklin?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
bobjenkins79

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Jefferson City, MO

I hate having neighbors.

Last summer I was hanging out in my gagrage w/ a buddy brewing & drinking, just having a great time. Out of nowhere, this jerkoff who lives down the street comes rolling up into my driveway on his J.D. riding mower telling me I need to cut my grass. I mouthed off at him a little, and then he said, "Better watch your mouth boy, I'll come over here and mow a big circle in your yard." (I don't handle being callled "boy" very well.) So I replied, "Well then, why don't you just put a couple of eyes and a smiley ace on it and see if I give a sh-t." He was not amused, and we haven't spoken since.

It was the smartest thing I ever did.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

My neighbors like having sex with the windows open. The wife's pretty loud, too. Other than that, I don't hear much from them...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 04-19-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
Melana
Up to no good....

Recipes 

May 2007
Norfolk, MA
Liked 2563 Times on 1394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
My neighbors like having sex with the windows open. The wife's pretty loud, too. Other than that, I don't hear much from them...
Are they good looking? You could video tape them and post on Youtube!

Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #7
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset

Recipes 

May 2007
Georgia
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

One of my neighbors stopped by. "Hey! Remember me? I stopped by with my daughter selling Girl Scout cookies a couple years ago" Of course, I din't remember, but "Okay, how's it going?" He asked, "Do you have a chainsaw I could borrow?" I said "No, but I think David across the street has one." He said, "Thanks, but I don't know him that good. See ya later"

Any advise offered after 10:00p.m. should be regarded as questionable
I can't brew until something is empty

Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
bru-er
Recipes 

Mar 2008
ABQ, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopleaf
God love 'em. Every time I setup my brewing equipment they have to make comments, including her husband grumbling 'good luck with that once your baby arrives'. Every time my wife and I work on the garden he complains I'm creating more work for him. They always let their dogs crap in my yard. Today stood there talking to me while the dog did it, without a concern in the world.

Sigh.

Here's hoping they have an adjustable rate mortagage.
I have three little doughball removers.....the boy likes the to taste the "hot beer" (MLT first runnings - nice and sweet). The only time they do not get to help is when I have 7 gallons of boiling wort on the back patio - too dangerous.

As for bad neighbors I told the lady next door she was a crappy mother. This was after their kids were shooting my dog with a sling shot. The dog lost an eye. We moved.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #9
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts

Hmm everyone seems to have at least one bad neighbor. I call our bad neighbors the Kravitz's. You know, like from Bewitched. She knows everything about everyone around. I swear she just sits there with binoculars and watches everything she can. And he does everything better than anyone else- just ask him and he'll tell you.

We've got another lady in the area that's selling her house. I sure hope we get someone good moving into that one.........

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #10
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts

Yeah, neighbors. I have to watch the direction I shoot because the bullets are dangerous up to a mile from the .22.

Sheesh.