The good and bad of Canadian culture - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The good and bad of Canadian culture

Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Liked 178 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
Me thinks that translates into a family Sunday drive in the south...
Not if you saw the *&@$%#@! weather we are getting! Major blizzard over the weekend and the highways are either closed or only recommended for essential travel.

Bizarre weather here this time of year -- last weekend we had sunny weather and it was in the mid-70s (23 C).

Old 04-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy
Not if you saw the *&@$%#@! weather we are getting! Major blizzard over the weekend and the highways are either closed or only recommended for essential travel.

Bizarre weather here this time of year -- last weekend we had sunny weather and it was in the mid-70s (23 C).
Yeah, sorry to hear about you guys getting hit like that. I posted yesterday about how nice our weather is and then I heard about Calgary. Felt a bit guilty about bragging when you're hurting. I guess we'll get that weather in a few days.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Liked 178 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers
Yeah, sorry to hear about you guys getting hit like that. I posted yesterday about how nice our weather is and then I heard about Calgary. Felt a bit guilty about bragging when you're hurting. I guess we'll get that weather in a few days.
Actually, I prefer to get big dumps of snow this time of year. At least if it comes in April, you know it won't stick around long. If it comes in December or January, that's when it hurts.

Glad to hear you guys are getting some nice weather. Hopefully this storm plays itself out before it gets very far to the east.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Ontario, Canada
Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Beautiful weather here today. I was out on the patio at my folks place, did a bit of a bbq and got all the fly gear cleaned up and fitted out for the season - trout starts next weekend AND the spring steelhead are finally in the rivers!

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Old 04-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
Me thinks that translates into a family Sunday drive in the south...

What could be more fun than a carload of piglets on a Sunday afternoon?

Driving with a carload of piglets and a HB between your legs.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #16
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy

Last weekend I was out brewing in balmy weather and this weekend we got our blizzard. A foot of snow on the ground a half hour's drive away from me. The Trans Canada highway was closed to the Ontario border and various other highways closed around the area. My highway to town wasn't closed, but it was a skating rink. Today it's completely clean and dry.

Springtime on the Canadian prairies.