Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Red Oak Brewery
Old 04-19-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Red Oak Brewery

Any of you NC guys familiar with it? I noticed it while driving up the interstate the other day. Hadnt ever heard of it but I checked out their website and now I'm gonna have to stop next time.

Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010
Old 04-19-2008, 02:38 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's their new facility- Red Oak is a longstanding brewpub in Greensboro, and you can get Red Oak Amber on tap around NC, but not in bottles yet. I love their beers, particularly the amber, which is an unfiltered lager, and is a really fine beer. Red Oak was the first beer I ever tried, courtesy of my father at a minor-league game in Greensboro- it's no wonder I'm such a beer fan now. Hopefully the new brewery will lead to a wider distribution, because they make an excellent product.

Grew up in Greensboro, lived in Chapel Hill for 7 years, and missing those Carolina brews. I'd love to make a Red Oak clone, but don't have the capacity to lager at this point.
Revolving Door Brewery