Yesterday I brewed an AHS ESB extract kit and all seems to have gone well. I tried the late extract method to achieve a lighter color to the brew. In the picture it looks really dark, but in person it actually looks lighter then that. Hopefully once it clears up it will look even more lighter in color. I managed to rig a blow off tube, which I am grateful that I did, and I am storing the fermenting wort in a small bathroom (no one uses it) because it's the coolest section of the house. It sure is starting to get hot here in southern California, so I'm taking emergency measures to keep the wort from over heating. I used the recommended dry yeast for this batch (Muntons Dry Ale Yeast). Hopefully all will go well as I have had some problems with my last batch (Double Chocolate Stout) being that it has been in secondary for 4 weeks after being 2 in primary (also used the recomended Muntons Dry Ale Yeast) and it has not yet reached its designated FG (about 1.012 according to AHS). It currently is at 1.021. I'm starting to wonder if the FG listed on the AHS recipe sheet is wrong because the ESB calls for a FG of 1.015 and it contains the exact same amount of fermentables as the double chocolate stout (7 lb malt extract and 1/2 lb dextrose) and plus the double chocolate stout contains 1 oz. of cocoa powder so I think that would up the FG by a bit. I'm starting to lose my patience with that brew and I'm planning on bottlling it by the end of next week. I already roused the yeast once again.