Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Propane Pressure

Old 04-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
WormBoy
Chief Bottle Washer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Propane Pressure

This may be a very stupid question (my specialty), but......is there any way to step UP the pressure from a propane line. My brew burners hooked up to my house propane line just don't get enough pressure to burn well. The regulator at the bulk tank I think puts out at about 11 bars of Hg the gas guy told me. My burners don't enjoy that pressure. Is there a reverse regulator, or do I just need to stick with hooking my manifold to a grill bottle rather than the house line? I think the gas company would freak out if I put a Y in before the house regulator. They are very touchy about that sort of thing.
Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Get some propane tanks, It sucks I know if you have house propane, but there isn't a way to 'up' your gas pressure without a compressor.

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Old 04-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathweed
Get some propane tanks, It sucks I know if you have house propane, but there isn't a way to 'up' your gas pressure without a compressor.
Thanks for sharing this bit of information. I have always wondered if it would be possible find an inexpensive method to share my house propane with my brewing setup. This saves me headache and hassle as well.