Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Custom bottle caps?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
nicadrick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 252
Likes Given: 1

Default

This all seems very expensive! 30 cents per, yikes!


nicadrick is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
slowbie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 640
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

There is a thread on here somewhere about someone who made his own custom caps. I'm too lazy to dig it up right now but a site search could help you come up with it.


slowbie is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
lucasszy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewToppers View Post
We'll be opening our online store this Fall where homebrewers can go online and purchase a variety of specially designed caps or purchase custom caps with your own design.

You'll also be able to find many of our designs in your local homebrew supply store.

We'd love some feedback from any/all of you.

BrewToppers — Custom beer caps and crowns for homebrewers, small craft breweries and brewpubs

So when do you guys think that you'll be up and running? Im seriously looking for some caps in the next week or so!
lucasszy is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
BrewToppers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 49
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default @lucasszy

Of course we can! We've only delayed the opening of the online store so we can focus on our brewery customers and getting the process down. We should be activating the store in the coming weeks.

We're 100% operational and have been printing lots of brewery jobs so shoot me an email ben@brewtoppers and let's talk. I'd love to help you out.

Ben
BrewToppers is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
SumnerH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA, USA
Posts: 2,058
Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbie View Post
There is a thread on here somewhere about someone who made his own custom caps. I'm too lazy to dig it up right now but a site search could help you come up with it.
The approach I saw on here that work well was to use water-slide decal transfer paper. Print on that, then apply to the caps as you would apply a decal to a model.
__________________
On deck: Little Bo Pils, Bretta Off Dead (Brett pale)
Secondary: Oude Bruin, Red Sky at Morning (Sour brown ale)
On tap: Saison Duphunk (sour), Amarillo Slim (IPA), Earl White (ginger/bergamot wit)
Bottled: Number 8 (Belgian Strong Dark Ale), Eternale (Barleywine), Ancho Villa (Ancho/pasilla/chocolate/cinnamon RIS), Oak smoked porter (1/2 maple bourbon oaked, 1/2 apple brandy oaked)
SumnerH is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
PintOfBitter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1,175
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

For anyone that's still interested, check out my Vendor Ads for a discount on engraved caps. They're good for homebrewer quantities, because there's no setup fee or huge minimum order. They'll ship immediately!
PintOfBitter is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
EFresh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16
Default

Of the links posted so far, Brew toppers seems to be the best and most affordable. However, their selection of designs is small and custom design prices are not listed.

If you feel like harnessing your inner artist, spray paint works great to get some cheap and interesting results. I use this method so I can tell different brews apart by their caps when they're sitting in the fridge together.
EFresh is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
mcwilcr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 894
Liked 79 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default @ BrewToppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewToppers View Post
Of course we can! We've only delayed the opening of the online store so we can focus on our brewery customers and getting the process down. We should be activating the store in the coming weeks.

We're 100% operational and have been printing lots of brewery jobs so shoot me an email ben@brewtoppers and let's talk. I'd love to help you out.

Ben
Do you do small quantity jobs for homebrewing yet? I'd be interested in maybe purchasing a couple hundred or so.

Chris
mcwilcr is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #19
diatonic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 727
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilcr View Post
Do you do small quantity jobs for homebrewing yet? I'd be interested in maybe purchasing a couple hundred or so.

Chris
You're probably better off getting in touch with Jon Haase (jon@brewtoppers). He's pretty responsive to email. He got me a quote for 300 caps (50 each of 6 different cap/ink color combinations). Looks like about a 2 week lead time from payment to receiving them. They're doing the 300 for me at the 500-1000 rate ($0.19 each). Their standard caps colors are red, black, blue, green, orange, yellow, silver gold & white. Standard ink colors are silver, black and white. Custom ink colors can be mixed for $40. I'll post pics when I receive mine. Here's the proof they sent me after I sent them my artwork:

__________________
.:diatonic:.
1 - Dirty Hippie Hefe (4/17/2015) - Saison Brett (3/21/2014)
2 - Saison inspired mead (6/27/2014) - Sack mead (7/26/2014)
Kegged - Under Pressure Pale Ale (4/4/2015) - Dopplebock (1/22/2015) - Black Widow Kolsch (1/31/2015) - Pious New World (2/6/2015)
My brew rig is pretty much done :) You should follow me on Twitter - My Brew Logs
diatonic is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #20
mcwilcr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 894
Liked 79 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
You're probably better off getting in touch with Jon Haase (jon@brewtoppers). He's pretty responsive to email. He got me a quote for 300 caps (50 each of 6 different cap/ink color combinations). Looks like about a 2 week lead time from payment to receiving them. They're doing the 300 for me at the 500-1000 rate ($0.19 each). Their standard caps colors are red, black, blue, green, orange, yellow, silver gold & white. Standard ink colors are silver, black and white. Custom ink colors can be mixed for $40. I'll post pics when I receive mine. Here's the proof they sent me after I sent them my artwork:
Thanks for the tip! I'll try to get in touch with him and see what they can do.


mcwilcr is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY Custom Crown Caps! Hokie Label Display & Discussion 157 10-29-2013 04:13 AM
Custom Bottle Caps? Oahu General Techniques 24 09-23-2011 03:49 AM
Custom Bottle Caps Kevin Dean Bottling/Kegging 3 07-08-2011 07:24 PM
custom bottle caps? sneakypete Bottling/Kegging 12 07-07-2007 03:25 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS