Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Damnit! Leaking wine thief...

Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
Tankard
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Damnit! Leaking wine thief...

Maybe this should be in the rant section. I just bought a wine thief the other day at my LHBS. It's the typical fermtech product... works well but is made poorly. The thief leaks right below the black rim (right above where the pin is situated). I have a similar issue with my autosiphon.

The worst part is: I stood in my LHBS looking at all the wine thiefs they had on the shelf, and I tried to find the one that looked the best. I debated whether to pick this one, or that one, and of course I had to pick the one that leaks. Of course, no matter which one I would have picked, it would have been the wrong one. Does anybody elses wine thief leak? What can I do about it other than return it? It was only 8 bucks but still, it pisses me off that every piece of brewing equipment I have has flaws in it.