Resident Crazy Uncle
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfocus
We actually have huge fields of wind turbines in the Eastern part of Quebec. A lot of the local residents complain about the noise, but I think it's the fact that they don't like the sight of a bunch of them close to the coastal regions (think tourism).
While I certainly can believe that it's really about tourism in that case, ever driven by a widn farm on a moderatly breezy day?

I drove through one last year with the windows up and I could hear the damn thngs inside the car as I drove past. Not loud but enough that it could be heard over the road noice and radio. I can't imagine that living nearby woudl be too onerous sicne people get used to noise (I used to live in a neighbor hood that was under the final approach for the local airport, next to a foundry and had a working rail corridor running through it. Never conciously heard any of them. Used to be able to ahve a conversation with someone, stop to let the jet land/train pass/foundry stop blowing steam and start talking again without missing a beat.

However, if I went to buy a house in a neighborhood with persistent noise-- be it highway traffic, train's planes or windwfarms--- I know I'd adjust my offer downward if I considered buying it at all.

So the real reason most people object to windfarms nearby their house is because of property value.

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #32
MikeFlynn74
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
windfarms nearby their house is because of property value
God forbid energy bills be 1/8th what they are now
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...