Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > another carbonation question

Old 04-12-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
craigomal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default another carbonation question

I am a first time homebrewer. My beer sat in the primary for about 5 weeks. I bottled, and placed the bottles in the cellar. after about 1 week I realized the temp was too cold (mid 50's), so I moved to 2nd floor closet at ~70 degrees for 5 weeks. The capped bottles have no carbonation, just a slight tingle on the tounge, but the beer I bottled into the grolsch bottles had a loud pop when opening the bottle, and a good head. The caps are tight. Any ideas? On the plus side, even without the bubbles, it still tastes good.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Do the bottles have sediment? If yes...
A possibility is that your bottles didnt seal. The grolsch bottles obviously didnt require a capper and sealed. There are other possibilities Ill leave for someone else.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
craigomal
Recipes 

Yes there is sediment in the bottles. I guess there is the possiblity of the bottles not sealing, but I have tried a bunch of the bottles, and they are all the same. I have not tried the twist cap growler yet.