Hello From Afghanistan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmay1966

Reaction score
HI All,

My name is Tim and I am traveling home here soon to my home location. Manassas Va. I know that there are many on this site from Va. I have spent the last 7 years of my life traveling the world with the US Special Forces Green Berets as a contractor in support of their operation's.

I have been a lurker on here for years and have gained much knowledge and insight. I have finally come out of the shadows to profess my love for this site and the people on this site and all things home brewed .

I will be honest with all. I have been a home brewer since the early 90's. But we all know how life goes. Girlfriend,Wife,Family,Kid's,Job. Well I am happy to say that I am back in the fold. I cannot believe how the brewing the community has grown so strong over the years and has a site like this and all the tech has gotten insane.

I have the latest and greatest SS Brew FTSS 2 7g Chronicals and 2 7 Brew buckets many spidel 30l etc. The latest temp controllers and some fantastic plans to set up my brew room at home. I know this is long winded, But thank you to all members here on this site. You all have contributed greatly and I am very grateful. All of you guy's and gals have kept me sane. Thank you .

Very Respectfully,

Tim

A sincere thank you for your service Tim, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are looking forward to coming home being with family and making some brew. Be well, be safe.

@ Hoppy2bemerry,

Thank you sir. Always family first and then.. Can't wait to brew brother. And I have a great knowledge base . Thank you . I wish you the best too. V/r

Tim, so glad you delurked! Yes this is an amazing community!

I'd like to say WELCOME HOME (knowing it's coming soon) and I echo the thanks on your service. There is no way to repay you for your time spent away from home and loved ones so I'm very glad to hear that you have found this forum and you are joining the ranks of the rest of us crazies! ;)

I'm one of the GALS on this site and love the place. GREAT camaraderie and VAST knowledge here!

Thank you everyone for the kind words . I am very grateful. I am certainly looking forward to gaining more knowledge about home brewing. And conversing with more great people like yourselves . Thank you .

V/r

Tim

Back