Clearing out beer after dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty76

Reaction score
So I Kegged my brown ipa today, I dry hopped it but was trying to figure out a way to keg it without getting all the hops in the keg, I tried putting a nylon over the auto siphon , which worked for a few minutes then got clogged up, I moved the nylon to the end of the racking hose but still had trouble with it, it slowly finished and the beer came out clear of hops but it was kind of a pita, any one have other suggestions?/

Did you not dry hop using a bag? I'm a bit confused as to why this is happening...we dry hop with a min. of 3 oz for 5 gallons and dont have an issue at all, as its all trapped in the bag.

I cold crash free-swimming pellets in primary to the bottom then rack over the mush layer (CO2 push) with a square of nylon hop bag material rubber-banded over the racking cane with a large SS washer within to keep the bag from collapsing.

push_rigs.jpg

Works every time...

Cheers!

No I didn't use a bag, and another problem I caused myself was I crushed up the pellets thinking it would be better for dispersing the hops, which of course made for a lot of smaller particulates in the beer, next time, hop bag for sure.

No I didn't use a bag, and another problem I caused myself was I crushed up the pellets thinking it would be better for dispersing the hops, which of course made for a lot of smaller particulates in the beer, next time, hop bag for sure.

+1:tank:

Back