I am on well water north of Houston, and this weekend I brewed a batch of AG that I have done in the past.
I took 6 gallons of water this weekend boiled it and let set and then ran it through coffee filters. I filtered out just over a teaspoon of solids out of my water. I added some distilled water to my batch 1.5 gallons and my efficiency jumped by 7%. Everything else was the same, but . . . one such example does not make a valid statement.
It may not be the reducing of the temporary hardness that made a diff, but my other three AG all were around 65 to 68. When I do two or three more and see it being around 75 then I might believe my water helped.
I am prepared to meet my maker, however, I am not sure that my maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me. -Churchhill