Druck Chicken - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Druck Chicken

Old 04-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Brakeman_Brewing
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

So last night we did a little grillin' and a little drinkin' at my house and I decided I would make up a drunk chicken. My favorite meat market was selling whole chickens for $1.50/Lb so I just had to snatch one up. The finished product was fall off the bone juicy delicious chicken, mmmmmmm mmmmmm!

1 whole Amish farm raised natural chicken (ours was about 4lbs)
~1 Tbs coarse sea salt
1 Tbs black pepper
3 Tbs seasoning/rub of your choice (I used a friends home made pork rub..drools...)
1 Tbs dried chopped onion
1 can of any old BMC will do (I found a Bud Select hiding under assorted vegetables in the crisper)

-Rinse and pat dry the chicken then rub that chicken good and well with olive oil
-Mix up salt, pepper and seasoning and rub down your chicken inside and out, don't be shy now
-Fire up your grill. In my case I used my 3 burner propane grill, medium-medium low heat on outside burners leaving the center burner off
-Make SWMBO or other BMC drinking friend drink about half of the can of beer
-Dump dried chopped onions into beer can
-Insert can of beer into cavity of chicken
-Balance chicken and beer in the center of the grill and close lid
-Depending on your grill let it cook about an hour and a half then temp check.
-Remove can and enjoy chicken.

Yes, my grill racks do need to be steel-wooled down and oiled up, thank you for noticing!
Here was my brew of choice until the Whiskey came out--My Dunkelweizen yum yum