British Brown Ale "Old Bog Road" Brown Ale (Pm or Extract w/grain) - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > British Brown Ale "Old Bog Road" Brown Ale (Pm or Extract w/grain)

Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3183 Times on 1883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grossy View Post
Hey Revvy,

I'm going to brew your Old Bog Road this weekend, sounds like a great brew.

I'll be doing the extract with grains. After I bought the ingredients, I noticed in your notes that you upgraded the recipe with a pound of Rauch Malt. I was wondering if I could substitute, some roasted barley, or just go with the original recipe.

Also do you recommend late editions of the extract?

Thanks,
Grossy
If you're not looking for a little smokiness, then don't sub anything, just leave the rauch out entirely and brew the beer as is.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
TBlock
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Detroit, MI
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the looks of the recipe up there in #1, Revvy, but could you give me a few more options?

Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #33
54BelAir
Recipes 

May 2011
Charlotte, NC
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Kegged this tonight. Tasted great right out of the fermenter.

Thank you for a great recipe!

Revvy Likes This 
Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #34
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3183 Times on 1883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54BelAir View Post
Kegged this tonight. Tasted great right out of the fermenter.

Thank you for a great recipe!
Oh awesome!!!

I missed this thread last night. What version did you do? Did you add the racuh malt? Did you do AG?

Can't wait to here how it comes our kegged.

It's been a long time since I've done this. I think I might have to revisit it.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #35
Revelator
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Ottawa, Ontario

Im planning on trying out this recipe AG mainly to try out the use of oak cubes - Just wondering if you could further elaborate on the amount you used, when and for how long?

Cheers - Thanks for this recipe...it sounds amazing