Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's Brewing This Weekend (2-18/19)

Old 02-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Rhoobarb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default What's Brewing This Weekend (2-18/19)

Another weekend is upon us. I'll actually be in Madison, WI on Saturday with a buddy at a model train show. After the show, we head to The Great Dane Brewpub for food, a few pints and some growlers to take back to the motel room!

But I got a head start by taking a couple of hours off this afternoon (Thurs. 2-17) and I'm brewing right now! I'm 30 mins. into a 60 min. mash of my Dortmunder Pretzel Munchin' Beer - a lager. And it's only 5pm!

What's everyone up to this weekend?!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
Sasquatch

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got two batches of wine and two batches (or maybe 3 if my lager is done) to bottle. So I'm doing a lot of dishes, is the long and the short of it. Luckily, I have just enough room on my brew bench to squeeze a pint glass, so I can look for inspiration while I "work".

Secondary: Sangiovese, Honey Nut Brown, some Pilsner/ale kinda thing that just won't quit...

Bottled:
Tar Sands Porter, Special Dark Bitter,Oaky Red ale, Hammer & Tongs Black Ale, Black Draught, Cooper's Bitter, Baron's Pilsner
Super Saazy Saaz Pilsner Saaz (It's a little green, yet)

Old 02-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
cweston

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

Hopefully brewing up a Saison if my supplies arrive tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #4
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Well, it looks like HBA finally shipped my order, so I'll probably have it tomorrow. That means I can brew 06.06.06 this weekend if I want to. I have to go to a judging competition at St. George's Saturday morning--if it isn't too cold and nasty here I may brew after that. Otherwise it is mid-week next week.

I brewed today though, does that count for the weekend?
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 02-17-2006, 12:18 AM   #5
AllHoppedUp
Recipes 

Maybe an IPA if I'm not hungover on Sunday.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #6
bleppek
Recipes 

I'm brewing the Newcastle clone from Clone Brews tomorrow. Anyone brewed it before?
#7 Newcastle Clone
Secondary:
#6 Chimay Red Clone
Conditioning:

Drinking
Bottle:
#1 BB American Light Ale (My first brew!)
#2 BB English Brown Ale
#3 NB Cream Ale (w/ vanilla extract)
Keg:
#4 MBC Moosehead Stout
#5 Light Ale part 2

Old 02-17-2006, 01:00 AM   #7
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 106

No brewing this weekend but I will be racking my ESB to the secondary. Tonight I'm going to try a pint of my Windy Winter and see how it turned out. I will probably go to my LHBS tomorrow to pick up some supplies and the ingredients for my next brewing session which will be the weekend after this one.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 AM   #8
Capa
Recipes 

Saturday a buddy and i are heading to Indy to take in a BWW that supposedly has 42 brews on tap, plus 100+ different in bottles. Sunday I'm hoping to brew up a Nut Brown Ale (unless im too hungover which is a definite possibility). Gotta rack my Porter into the secondary also. Maybe get a head start on cleaning and sanitizing some bottles as well. <--Probably not the last one tho

Old 02-17-2006, 02:06 AM   #9
drengel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

on saturday me and my brew partner get to brew on the pilot sysytem for a local brewery. he's doing a rogue XS smoke ale clone, i think or some sort of rauchbier at least. anyways were excited to brew on a nice system with a pro, and in the words of the brewer, we'll start drinking by 8, be drunk by noon. hopefully we'll make a good connection in the industry too...at the least we drink free beer all day and have a hookup for a couple strains (american, belgian, maybe 1 more) of free yeast.

conditioning: nut brown

next: saison, wit, american wheat, hefe, kolsch, blonde

gone: too damn many

Old 02-17-2006, 02:13 AM   #10
Kaiser

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'll be brewing my Maibock either Saturday or Sunday. The exact day will depend on the weather. I already have about 50ml yeast slurry propagated from an Whyeast smack pack. I hope to get close to 80ml by the time I will be pitching.

Kai