This forum is laid back - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > This forum is laid back

Old 02-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
BrewBrothaRick
Recipes 

Feb 2006
20 Miles from Honolulu

Members of this forum are much more laid back than other forums I've been to. I haven't seen anybody bitching about spelling errors or urging to do searches so far. Just wanted to let you guys know how much I enjoy the environment in here.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

keep it on the down-low! we don't want to attract any riffraff!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 88 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewBrothaRick
Members of this forum are much more laid back than other forums I've been to. I haven't seen anybody bitching about spelling errors or urging to do searches so far. Just wanted to let you guys know how much I enjoy the environment in here.
I stress the searching thing occasionally--but I only make stink about it if the thread is a few below what the person just asked.

But yes, this is a great forum. Hardly any bickering and if there is those people are shown the door quickly. We are all like brothers who gang up on the enemy.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 02-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #4
Walker

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC

spoken like a true nihilist.

-walker

Old 02-16-2006, 06:27 AM   #5
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri

I believes in nossing man!!!
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 02-16-2006, 06:34 AM   #6
Capa

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Bahrain

I agree and it makes sense, all of the homebrewers ive ever met are laid back. Any club ive ever visited is laid back. I guess the type of people that get into something like this are just doing it for themselves and not trying to impress any one, when you get a bunch of people like that together its hard to have a bad time.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #7
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitay
I agree and it makes sense, all of the homebrewers ive ever met are laid back. Any club ive ever visited is laid back. I guess the type of people that get into something like this are just doing it for themselves and not trying to impress any one, when you get a bunch of people like that together its hard to have a bad time.
I agree for the most part--but I've seen some serious egos when it comes to homebrewers too. Some people take this hobby and themselves WAY too seriously.
I've only been brewing for a litlte over a year and I'm actually startying to get more laid back about it now. Sure I get frustrated if things go wrong, but now I at least know where to go if I need advice, and encouragement.
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 02-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
BlightyBrewer

Recipes 

Aug 2005
Leicestershire, UK
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is indeed a very cool place. It is the first forum I joined, so a great introduction. I also belong to another UK-based brewing forum, and that is just as laid back, so there is definitely something to be said about brewers!

We are a band of brewing brothers and sisters.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
Kaiser

Recipes 

Nov 2005
Pepperell, MA
Liked 129 Times on 75 Posts

We indeed seem to be very grown up here.

I have seen other forums where people just don't seem to get along.

Even though many here have different believes regarding ingredients and techniques, we don't try to force these believes onto each other. There was only one case that involved the use of beach and the marines. But this has been solved fairly quickly.

Kai

Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
Walker

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
I've seen some serious egos when it comes to homebrewers too. Some people take this hobby and themselves WAY too seriously.
I went to one meeting of a brew club here in the Raleigh several months ago, and decided I would not ever go back for a number of reasons:

(1) there was not much in the way of constructive/educational discussion. They simply talked about upcoming contests/festivals/etc and then they passed around a bunch of homebrew for sampling. The beer was great, but I wasn't getting anything useful out of the whole thing, except for the recipes (they were read off as the beer was passed around.)

(2) one of the beers that came around was a vanilla stout. I poured a sample, rolled it around in the glass, and gave a big whiff. It smelled good, but it reminded me of my grandfather's pipe tobacco. I made this comment to the brewer, and it offended him. That was not my intention, it was just an innocent observation, but he took it as an insult to his beer and his skills.

I'm never going back.

-walker