Maryland Residents... Great new beer store - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Maryland Residents... Great new beer store

Old 03-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
billym99
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Shrewsbury, PA
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

ATTN All Maryland residents (or at least those close to Columbia)... wanted to put out the word that there is a great new beer store off of MD-175, in the new plaza where Costco and Lowes were built. The store is called "The Perfect Pour" and their selection of micro's and craftbrews is one of the best I have seen.

Also, they do weekly tastings (Thurs, Fri, and Sat) where different breweries come in and showcase there beers. I was there for the first time yesteday and was impressed by the selection... they also have some nice beer glassware for sale (although limited selection).

PS - I hope this thread is kosher... I am in no way affiliated with this store, I am just an impressed customer!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

I heard about this from Draconian this weekend, sounds like a great place

Old 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Liquidicem
I love lamp!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Eagan, MN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Its always nice to have a store like that around. I love my local beer store for the same reasons.
Don't poop in your fermenter when the lid is off and you'll be fine.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
cronxitawney
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Germantown, MD
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I may have to get out there and check it out soon. How is the pricing?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
billym99
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Shrewsbury, PA
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Maybe slightly high... I can only compare to Corridor Fine Wine in Laurel and only remember a few prices off the top of my head and Perfect Pour seemed to ~$1 more on most stuff.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #6
Chaos_Being
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Eldersburg, MD
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I still need to check this place out...I heard about it a little while back on another thread here.

Is it in the same, smaller plaza area near where the Trader Joe's is? I was in the area a few days ago (eating at Houlihans,) and saw a liquor store that had a "beer, liquor" sign, but no real name. I didn't drive close enough to see if that was really the place or not, and didn't have time to check it out anyways

Bottled: Hrothgar Hefe, OktoberFast Ale, Irish Stout, Dopplebock, Schwarzbier
Bottled/Aging: Oaked Concord Wine, Sweet Mead, Raspberry Melomel
Up Next: American Amber, Goblin Rocket Fuel 2.0, Red Rye Ale, Imperial Stout, etc...