Fellowship of the Drink IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaBrewZoo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
attachment.php

Welcome to Round IV of the Fellowship of the Drink swap.

This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive. If you want to take a look at how the previous three operated, the links are here:

Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread
Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers
Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings

So how does it work?
If you're interested in participating, post in this thread. Once you're confirmed as a participant PM me a photo of you offering along with a link to it's page on something like beer advocate/ratebeer/etc. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos. On the drawing day I'll use a randomizer (swear that's a word) to create a random drawing order. Everyone will get a short period of time to then claim their desired offering in the order created. If you will not be around for the drawing, please send me your selection list and you will receive the highest pick left on your list when your turn comes up.

Rules
And there must be rules. This is open to all active forum members of legal drinking age. The active requirement is meant to prevent someone not following through. I will make the final determination on "active" but the basic guidelines are you must have been a member for a few months with at least 50 posts.

I would like to limit this to 25 participants.

Offer Guidelines
Each offering should be at least 2-4 cans or bottles of commercial beer, preferably local to the participant.
Each offering must also contain at least 1 piece of glassware.
You may also offer some homebrew with the commercial offerings.

Offers from the first three rounds:
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Current Timeline:
February 15 - Create thread for Round 4
March 2 (Thursday) end-of-day - All photos & final submissions due
March 3 (Fri) - List of offers posted,
March 5 (Sunday) Morning - (Optional) Preference/pick lists due if you don't know that you'll be around for the drawing
March 5 (Sunday) TBA - Drawing occurs- Starting sometime between 2-4 pm

Timeline subject to change, but i'll do my best to not mess with it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good start for three hours.

1. GaBrewZoo
2. afro lou
3. imasickboy
4. cegan09
5. nickfern
6. jerbrew
7. Thorrak
8. PianoMan

Who's next, they're going fast.

Gotta do it. I am in, picked up a brew today that I think is gonna be pretty dang good.

1. GaBrewZoo
2. afro lou
3. imasickboy
4. cegan09
5. nickfern
6. jerbrew
7. Thorrak
8. PianoMan
9. Scturo
10. TBC
11. JDXX1971
12. RevKev
13. Bigfish713

Ok, it's time for me to get in on one of these. Count me in for some sweet, sweet Oklahoma lovin'.

I mean beer. Oklahoma beer.

Ok, been watching these for a while and it looks like a lot of fun. I'd like to get in on it.

I'm in on this! Been wanting to do this for a while now. I've traded with Lou before, if I need someone to vouch for me, and I know he's been a part of this already. :mug:

1. GaBrewZoo
2. afro lou
3. imasickboy
4. cegan09
5. nickfern
6. jerbrew
7. Thorrak
8. PianoMan
9. Scturo
10. TBC
11. JDXX1971
12. RevKev
13. Bigfish713
14. Homercidal
15. mattv21
16. PaulR
17. k1ngl1ves
18. singybrue

We got some new players, welcome, it's lots of fun.

Need to figure out what to offer up this round. I'm hoping one of the rounds lines up with a release of one of Allagash's coolships. But I haven't seen anything in the near future.

If I had to guess what was the most requested brewery in my area ...:confused:...I got it, :rockin:

I'm in on this! Been wanting to do this for a while now. I've traded with Lou before, if I need someone to vouch for me, and I know he's been a part of this already. :mug:

This is gonna be a good round! I can't imagine a need for you to be vouched for, but I'll vouch! [emoji16][emoji106]

Not sure I can get KBS in time for this round. I might be willing to put a bottle of last year's in the hat, if anyone wants to drink OLD BEER, that is.

Not sure I can get KBS in time for this round. I might be willing to put a bottle of last year's in the hat, if anyone wants to drink OLD BEER, that is.

Damn. I was gonna throw a '16 kbs in mine and some Odd Sides. I guess I'll not mix it up and stick to Chicago. I spend 95% of my time between Chicago and Grand Rapids. They're both my home. It's hard to choose one over the other. I guess Chicago is fair for me to choose with you in the mix. :mug:

Now I gotta figure out if I'm gonna drop a Pipeworks bomb or a Revolution bomb. Tough choice for sure. I'll toss a Pseudo Sue in too just because they recently started distributing here and I'm excited. Lol! Oh! Damn... but what bout Half Acre? Oh, this is gonna be tough.

OP: Glassware. Hmmmm. I don't buy labeled glasses. Could I just send an unlabeled fancy glass, or do I really need to hunt down a brewery glass? I've got quite a few unused/brand new stemmed stout glasses...?

Edit: Would one of these work? I could toss in a few extra beers to even it out. Hell! I'll probably toss in more anyways! I can't help myself when sharing... lol!

20170106_115508.jpg

Damn. I was gonna throw a '16 kbs in mine and some Odd Sides. I guess I'll not mix it up and stick to Chicago. I spend 95% of my time between Chicago and Grand Rapids. They're both my home. It's hard to choose one over the other. I guess Chicago is fair for me to choose with you in the mix. :mug:

Now I gotta figure out if I'm gonna drop a Pipeworks bomb or a Revolution bomb. Tough choice for sure. I'll toss a Pseudo Sue in too just because they recently started distributing here and I'm excited. Lol! Oh! Damn... but what bout Half Acre? Oh, this is gonna be tough.

OP: Glassware. Hmmmm. I don't buy labeled glasses. Could I just send an unlabeled fancy glass, or do I really need to hunt down a brewery glass? I've got quite a few unused/brand new stemmed stout glasses...?

Edit: Would one of these work? I could toss in a few extra beers to even it out. Hell! I'll probably toss in more anyways! I can't help myself when sharing... lol!

The only stipulation is that it's (1) piece of glassware. Looks like you have (2). It's less appealing to some who want the variety of logo's but IMHO, good beer trumps a glass in an offer.

1. GaBrewZoo
2. afro lou
3. imasickboy
4. cegan09
5. nickfern
6. jerbrew
7. Thorrak
8. PianoMan
9. Scturo
10. TBC
11. JDXX1971
12. RevKev