Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery Logo adaptable to Beer Label

Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1300 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Brewery Logo adaptable to Beer Label

When I first designed (I use that term very loosely) my first few labels, I knew I wanted a consistent look between all the beers so obviously a brewery name and some static graphics were appropriate. Here's the basic concept I followed throughout. The wheat ring and curved top text is the only thing that stays on every label.

The problem is, while I find the drastic involvement of the beer's theme graphics fun, it leaves very little behind as a standalone brewery logo.

On the other hand, I see some of you guys with a very busy and well done standalone logo and I wonder how you integrate it into a beer label (if at all). Can you post some examples of each for me?

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

As you know, my logo is not conducive to editing pics into it for individual beers, so I've kind of been working on something for a decent logo....this is what I did. I'm semi-happy with the way this looks.

I also have a neck label that will have the pertinent beer specs on it.

Anyway...

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1300 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Thanks dude. That's exactly the kind of thing I was shooting for in this thread. I have to do some serious thinking about my method. It just isn't going to work for printing on mugs and such.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
mrhead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Do you have any updated pics of your new logo you wouldn't mind sharing? I have to say I do like the original images you posted, but can see how they would be a bit crowded for a bottle label trying to leave a standalone brewery impression.