The WHIRLPOOL MASTER paddle! The end all of whirlpool issues!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so we have been building and selling custom built brewing paddles for a while now. I wanted to create a true purpose built Whirlpool ONLY Paddle. Well here is my design. We tested it out today and shot a great little video (sorry for my UGLY MUG) (maybe I should think about a SMOKEN HOT SEXY spokes model) Anyhow I digress!
Here is a link and a video of it in action in my 15 gallon kettle. I think this one would be effective up to about a 55 gallon kettle or so.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmMpEkOHboo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Cheers
Jay

Cool, though it looks like a grout mixer that you can buy at hardware stores,(obviously not stainless steel) but with holes in the blades.

I don't whirlpool but that really looks nice.

Pretty nifty. Don't need one since my pump sorta creates that, but for brewers without a pump that might help create the elusive cone in the middle.

Now with that relevant comment out of the way,
I'm going to cast my vote for SMOKEN HOT SEXY spokes model
. Thank you for your consideration.

Yeah, what he said.

Pretty nifty. Don't need one since my pump sorta creates that, but for brewers without a pump that might help create the elusive cone in the middle.

Now with that relevant comment out of the way, I'm going to cast my vote for SMOKEN HOT SEXY spokes model. Thank you for your consideration.

Yeah, what he said.

If there was a SMOKEN HOT SEXY spokes model, I would buy one!

I can't wait for the smoking hot spokes model! Do like the paddle, well done Jaybird.

OKAY! Alright already! Next video I will see if I can't get her to do it for me! Baahhahaaaaaa

Cheers
Jay

Redhead.jpg

will this work with a immersion chiller in the pot?

I guess it depends on the immersion chiller. Any and everything you add to the kettle is going to disrupt the whirlpool "action" but people do it all the time with stuff in their kettles. Just have to be able to not beat up the chiller is all.

Cheers
Jay

Nice design. Seems like this would introduce some serious air into the wort. So I am thinking it would have to be done after chilling a bit?

Nice design. Seems like this would introduce some serious air into the wort. So I am thinking it would have to be done after chilling a bit?

On low it will create a whirlpool and not bring a bunch of air into the mix unless you REALLY want it to. I mean you will have surface air contact but NOTHING like when you really spin it up and get it ripping.

Cheers
Jay

Hey Jay,

This looks great! I was just getting ready to finally order the Ultimate Whirlpool/Aeration Paddle and saw this. What are the main differences between the two?

Thanks!

The Whirlpool/Aeration paddle you can use for a mash paddle as well as a whirlpool. The new paddle will create a much better vortex all the way to the bottom of the kettle. It also has a solid steel closed end that you can put right to the bottom of you kettle and leave in there as your boiling to sanitize if you want.

Cheers
Jay

The Whirlpool/Aeration paddle you can use for a mash paddle as well as a whirlpool. The new paddle will create a much better vortex all the way to the bottom of the kettle. It also has a solid steel closed end that you can put right to the bottom of you kettle and leave in there as your boiling to sanitize if you want.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the response! I ended up ordering the whirlpool master on friday. Can't wait to use it!

Thanks for the response! I ended up ordering the whirlpool master on friday. Can't wait to use it!

You got it! I am sure you have tracking by now for sure!

Enjoy! This paddle is going crazy right now. Don't get me wrong I LOVE our Whirlpool/Mash paddle but absolutely think this is a winner already. Best whirlpool action I have seen to date bar none. I think you are going to LOVE this thing!

Cheers
Jay

Is the diameter at the widest point 5", or is each blade 5"? I need the widest diameter dimension to determine whether this could work with my immersion chiller in the kettle.

Edit: Based on the video it looks more like ~5" total width.

Is the diameter at the widest point 5", or is each blade 5"? I need the widest diameter dimension to determine whether this could work with my immersion chiller in the kettle.

Edit: Based on the video it looks more like ~5" total width.

5" total at the widest part...

Cheers
Jay

Using mine for the first time on a brew today. Tested it out on the keggle filled with 14g of water, it gets it cranking pretty good.

Question though, All my weldless fittings and dip tube false bottoms and such for my keggles are from you. Have thought about making a dip tube for the boil kettle that is 'side pickup' instead of a dip tube to the middle of the boil kettle, to better avoid the hop cone that is created by using this whirlpooling paddle? (not sure if that is a coherent thought, its early)

I ordered my Whirlpool Master paddle today! I looked and looked for the shipping option where the redheaded spokes model would hand deliver the paddle but didn't see that as an option. That may drive the price wayyy up, but darn, I may be willing to pay it!!

Seriously, thanks Jay and looking forward to my whirlpool paddle.

I ordered my Whirlpool Master paddle today! I looked and looked for the shipping option where the redheaded spokes model would hand deliver the paddle but didn't see that as an option. That may drive the price wayyy up, but darn, I may be willing to pay it!!

Seriously, thanks Jay and looking forward to my whirlpool paddle.

Ohhh didn't I tell you? She will be hand delivering ALL whirlpool Master paddles! But you have to choose "RED HEAD" as a shipping option. Did you choose that? Baahhaaaaaaaaa.

Nice chatting with you yesterday! Good luck with your new gear and new process. Sorry about the shipping option :D...I guess she will have to hang out here with me....NEXT TIME ;)

Cheers
Jay

Back