Looking to upgrade my mash tun with a rims tube and controller.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneticjim

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
What is "accurate" extraction? Cooler mashing is among the most basic and classic homebrewing techniques. That's a lot of bread ($475) for what I'd imagine would be a minimal benefit. What exactly is wrong with your mashes now?

For me, recirc and temp control "feels" good, but my efficiency does not change in any substantial or predictable way. A cooler that loses a couple of degrees over an hour would be perfectly fine.

Putting a triclamp in the middle of the tube doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I made a rims tube similar to that one, and put the triclamp at the base. I also would switch the location of the temp probe with the outlet port so there's no potential for it to be sitting in an air pocket.

That controller has about $100 in hardware into it at the most.. You can build your own for less... same with the rims.. your choice of course but stainless pipe fittinga are not that expensive.. I even added a 1" camlock to mine to pull it apart to clean easily and mine was less to build.

That controller has about $100 in hardware into it at the most.. You can build your own for less... same with the rims.. your choice of course but stainless pipe fittinga are not that expensive.. I even added a 1" camlock to mine to pull it apart to clean easily and mine was less to build.

Any idea on where to buy the parts?

Look into the auber ezboil
Definitely where I'm going with my controller

Latest posts

Back