Pitching Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broganation

Reaction score
I made a mistake and added to much than recommend into my fermentation. I was doing a Belgian Tripel it called for 1 teaspoon and I added the packet, which was about a 1 tablespoon..its been going crazy which I have taken care of but it is a very nasty color. Is it going to be ok?

Are you saying you added more yeast than the recipe called for? If that's the problem, then it's not a problem. What yeast was it? I assume it was a dry packet? If so, the adding the whole packet WAS the right amount. What was your original specific gravity, post boil? What temperature is your room you're fermenting in?

This is only my second time brewing I'm not doing gravity just yet. The room temp is 68-70 degrees(basement) Dry packet says Safbrew S-33..dry brewing yeast 11.5 grams

thanks for help

It will be fine. Relax, don't worry and have a homebrew.

You should invest in a hydrometer so you can check the gravity and know the starting and ending gravities. This will help you determine how fermentation is going as well as alcohol content.

I assume this is a 1 or 2.5 gallon batch? You probably did yourself a favor by pitching the whole pack. Leave the fermenter in your basement and let the temp raise, you will have a great beer.

Generally speaking, too much yeast is preferable to too little. Kinda like blood sugar that way.

You should be gold, pony boy!!

Latest posts

Back