American IPA Bee Cave Brewery IPA - Page 22 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > American IPA Bee Cave Brewery IPA

Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #211
WestCoastHopper
Recipes 

May 2009
Victoria, British Columbia
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ok, so I've got this on tap and it is awesome! I've picked up the specialty grains I need to make this again, but was thinking of using citra for the dry-hop addition. Thoughts? Anyone tried that?
Primary 3 Air
KeggedApfelwein, Air :(
Bottled Apfelwein, Da Yopper Pale

Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #212
burninmules
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Joliet, Illinois
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I haven't tried that but, I have used Amarillos and it was amazing. It's all a matter of opinion and IMO, Amarillo>Citra.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #213
BetterSense
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Richardson, Texas
Liked 56 Times on 45 Posts

I brewed this per the recipe and it didn't come out bitter whatsoever. It's actually slightly sweet, but not too bad. All I can guess is that either my LHBS hops are mis-labeled, or I got really bad hops utilization somehow. Any ideas?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #214
Pdeezy
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Valley Ranch, TX
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Best beer I have brewed so far. I actually used the recipe from the Stone Clone thread, but they are pretty much the same thing.

Awesome grapefruit/citrus aroma and flavor from the centennial, and plenty of maltiness for a great balance.

Thanks for the recipe.

Primary - April's Amber

Bottled - Bee Cave IPA
Bottled - Apfelwein
Bottled - Dirty Blonde (BM's Blonde w/ 2X hops)
Bottled - Ed's Haus
Bottled - Hop Dread Red V1.0 (Red IPA)

Old 02-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #215
Iqbal624
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Bellingham, WA

I was supposed to brew this this past weekend but the honey-do list got in the way. Oh well. Next weekend. Unless I can get this done in the evening some day this week but that's not too promising.

Oh well.
Keg 2: Chinook IPA
Keg 3: Air

On Deck: Anay Black IPA

Batches attempted: 3

Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #216
WestCoastHopper
Recipes 

May 2009
Victoria, British Columbia
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'm going to brew this on Sunday, but I'm probably going to dryhop with amarillo, and possibly try out some Denny's 50 rather than 1056. I did it to spec last time (and it was awesome) but I think it may be experimental time!
Primary 3 Air
KeggedApfelwein, Air :(
Bottled Apfelwein, Da Yopper Pale

Old 02-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #217
steber
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Kingston, Pennsylvania
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

I want this to be my next brew. Unfortunately, I'm still afraid to make the leap to AG, and do extracts. I know this thread has been beat to death with us newbs trying to brew extract of this.. but I wanna make sure I'm doing it "right" (if you can call extract brews right).. Anyways..

steep 1# Munich and 12 oz Crystal 60L
Instead of the 11# pale, use 6.6# Light DME
Hop/boil as usual.

I have the capacity to do a full boil on the turkey fryer, so if i make these adjustments noted above i should be good to go?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #218
Stockspeed3
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Mesa, Arizona
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steber
I want this to be my next brew. Unfortunately, I'm still afraid to make the leap to AG, and do extracts. I know this thread has been beat to death with us newbs trying to brew extract of this.. but I wanna make sure I'm doing it "right" (if you can call extract brews right).. Anyways..

steep 1# Munich and 12 oz Crystal 60L
Instead of the 11# pale, use 6.6# Light DME
Hop/boil as usual.

I have the capacity to do a full boil on the turkey fryer, so if i make these adjustments noted above i should be good to go?
This is a very easy all grain. I was once scared to do AG but a guy at work made me do it and now I would never go back. It was a super easy transition. And it taste way better. People actually want my home brew lol. So JUST DO IT!!!

And thanks again for the recipe. This beer is AMAZING! Will be making again now that I have a 10gallon ball lock I need to fill.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #219
HDChef

Recipes 

Nov 2009
Middletown, NY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This looks too good, another Edwort winner! I'm brewing this next week, I think my LHBS just got some hops in, Amarillo all the way!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #220
Iqbal624
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Bellingham, WA

Brewed this yesterday. I also subbed in the Amarillo.

Had a few hiccups but in the end, I got about 5.75-6 gallons. I was worried I had too much but then after seeing how much cold break I had, I hope to end up with 5 gallons in the end.
Keg 2: Chinook IPA
Keg 3: Air

On Deck: Anay Black IPA

Batches attempted: 3