Who doesn't like cupcakes? and this is one of the best ones i've had. my girlfriend made these for St. Patricks day and i brought them into the office and i'm still getting thanks for them!
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable oil
- 4 Teaspoons White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 Cups Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz bottle stout (we used oatmeal stout)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
preheat oven to 325, and place liners in pan. (also if you lightly grease or PAM the tops of the pans it helps with clean up from spill over)
in a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and vanilla
in a different bowl combine the flour, sugar baking soda, salt and cocoa powder
make a dent, or well in the dry stuff, and pour the wet stuff into it. make the well high enough to hold the wet stuff. now pour the beer over the mixture. beat well with an eletric mixer on medium.
fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full, and bake for 20 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean when stbbed into the center. don't remove the cupcakes until they are cooled.
now for the icing! it sounds wierd, and i was scared to try it, but wow is it good!
Maple Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, at room temp (very important, helps it become soft)
- 6 Tablespoons of butter (about 3/4 of a stick, also at room temp)
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup (use less if you have the fake stuff, or it'll be sweeter, like super sweet)
Cream the butter and Cream Cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth
slowly sift in the confectioners sugar until all gone, and beat until smooth. now add the vanilla, and half the syrup. beat well and taste. add the rest of the syrup as desired (only neccesary if you're using fake syrup. if youre using good stuff, the 3 tbsp is just right)
let me know what you think!