How many gallons of cider in 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaymond

Reaction score
Same rules as previous years. January 1 to December 31, 2017. Ciders and cider variants welcome.

Can we beat last year's 1222.5 gallons?

5 gallons of simple cider, to be made into a Vandemill Totally Roasted clone attempt, version 2.0.

0 +5 = 5 Gallons

Same rules as previous years. January 1 to December 31, 2017. Ciders and cider variants welcome.

Can we beat last year's 1222.5 gallons?

5 gallons of simple cider, to be made into a Vandemill Totally Roasted clone attempt, version 2.0.

0 +5 = 5 Gallons

I added my 2016 to the old thread just now, and started my first 9 gallons of 2017 yesterday

5 + 9 = 14

Had 3 gallons on primary for a few days now. Hoping to get at least 2.5 from it, fermenting dry and then dry hopping it.

23 + 2.5 = 25.5

I have just bottled 7 gallons of Newton Pippen single variety cider and have 5 additional gallons of dessert apple cider which I am dry hopping this weekend.

25.5 + 12 = 37.5

Cider House Select Cherry Cider Kit 6 gal. from New Years Day
My own blend 5 gal Started 2/5

57.5+11=68.5

plan on making 6 gallons every 4 weeks, the entire year, with numerous growler experiment batches throughout the year as well.

so far, using kirkland signature apple juice with honey or brown sugar and either nottingham or dry ale yeast for carboy batches.

so far this year...

68.5 + 13 gal = 81.5

Just bottled 10 Gal of UpstateMikes....Finished at 15+ abv.....
5 Gal Apple Juice + 8# sugar +EC1118. times 2 carboys.
sg 1.110 finished @.998. stabilized, racked & cleared.
added 5 cans frozen AJ and caramel per recipe.

133.5 +10= 143.5

I'll add in my 1gallon batches of: straight, straight, peach, caramel apple.
Plus the 6 gallon batch of Scottish cider that is almost pitched.
134.5+4+6= 144.5

Right now I a m at :

5 gal- 2.5 Panty dropper- 2.5 cider with 1 gal cherry juice added and 1 cup coconut rum, 1/2 lactose sugar added
2.5 with just cherry added, in secondary.... just goint too see what happens

2.5 gal apple. - added 64 oz pinapple juice, secondary for 1 week. added 64 oz more pineapple juice and bottled in plastic bottles. When it get "hard" pasteurize

And just started a 5 gal Pecan, vanilla, brown sugar cider for Thanksgiving...

Right now I a m at :

5 gal- 2.5 Panty dropper- 2.5 cider with 1 gal cherry juice added and 1 cup coconut rum, 1/2 lactose sugar added

2.5 gal apple. - added 64 oz pinapple juice, secondary for 1 week. added 64 oz more pineapple juice and bottled in plastic bottles. When it get "hard" pasteurize

That last one sounds interesting. Is that a cider you brewed before? Care to share how you prepared the pecans for that?

Right now I a m at :

152+ 2.5 dragon fruit cider = 154.5 + whatever that guy had ^^^^ gallons.

+ I see 12.5 up there so
154.5 + 12.5 = 167

+ Another 1 gal test batch of mango habanero

= 168

1 5gal batch of simple cider (AJ and notty ale yeast)

2 5gal batches of paps (1 plain, 1 Cinn/vanilla)

15+114.5 = 129.5

Question, I pressed 145 gallons of cider October/November of 2016, just starting to keg and bottle.
Is this 2016 or 2017 cider??

1 gal plain dry sparkling cider
1 gal plain organic dry sparkling cider
1 gal cinnamon dry sparkling cider ... serve warm
1 gal blackberry dry sparkling cider

134 + 4 = 138

1 gal plain (testing a new source) - Came out with decent body, but left a bitter aftertaste, almost like grapefruit without the acidity/citrus. Not sure what I want to do with this, sweetening a sample with sugar didn't do much, might have to get creative or dump it.

1 gal with frozen blueberries and apple juice - Came out not too different from plain apple juice, very watery, weak apple body, but with blueberry on the nose and a very mild blueberry falvor/tartness on the finish. Currently dry hopping for additional flavor.

1 gal with frozen strawberries and a mushed banana added to plain apple juice - Took forever to clear, a nightmare of solids floating due to holding gas, really hard to de-gass. Strawberry and banana faint on the nose, rather neutral flavor, but with a good mouthfeel/body I think came from the banana. Will experiment with this one, maybe sweetening or blending.

I am assuming those 3 haven't been counted yet, we we are at 141.

5 gallons of caramel Apple Graff started two weeks ago.

141+5 = 146 Gallons

Back