• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

West Virginia Jaded Wasp IC & Refractometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagon_6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Selling my Jaded Wasp immersion chiller with BargainFittings compression fittings to Male QDs. This is a great chiller for smaller batches or if you are looking for efficient water use. I used it on my 3.25 gallon system but I've since gone back to 5 gallon batches. $30.00 and buyer pays shipping.

Selling my refractometer. I prefer to use hydrometer. $15 and buy pays shipping.

Thanks!

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Does it not cool 5 gal fast enough, or are you going to a CFC/plate set-up?

I still have my 25' stainless steel immersion chiller that I went back to. It does chill 5 gallon batches and it would take between 15 and 20 minutes when I tried it over the summer (warmer ground water temps).

I'd be interested in the chiller if it's still available - Zip 59032 for shipping PM me

Chiller arrived in great condition, despite the USPS trying their best to crush the box ...... Thanks for the great packing job, Wagon 6! Now, with the help of a tubing bender, the wasp is about to become a Herms coil for my DIY system! I noticed Jaded no longer sells the Wasp, but sells a Herms coil that is exactly like the Wasp. Just what I needed!

I know what you mean about the refractometer, I've used mine maybe 3 or 4 times - more trouble than it's worth, but I'll keep it becuz SWMBO will probably use it for wines and meads; that way I don't have to buy another hydrometer until my old one breaks! I think you can also use a refractometer for spirits, can't you? NOT that I'd think about breaking the law or anything, it wouldn't be worth the lawyer/jail time, but there's always the hope that the laws will change before I die.

Back