Here's the official tasting thread for the Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock.
Here's my tasting...
- Deep amber, clear, off-white rocky head, has legs that coat the glass.
- Malty, a little sweet, and a little raisin fruity
- Malty, rich, a little toasty. A slight raisin fruit flavor from the malt. Just bitter enough to cut the sweetness.
- Thick, full, but dries fairly well in the finish. The flavors linger, but not heavy.
- Another great example of a classic Doppelbock. I love how drinkable this beer is. It is very thick and rich, yet it dries out and is very smooth. I think I want to fast for several days and drink nothing but doppelbock.