Effed up brew sessions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmclark12

Reaction score
Everything went as planned today, even hit my OG right on the money (1.062). One problem, I had just shy of 6 gal of wort rather than the 5.25 gal I was shooting for. Who cares, more beer for me right? Well, since I have a 6 gal carboy, I decided to use a blowoff hose. Well my idea of a blowoff hose was shoving some 3/8 tubing into the carboy cap, which was clearly not designed for that. 12 hours later and it blew the hose out and creamed all over my floor. Wife is pissed, gotta do something now. So pic below is what I did in a panic. Sawed off 2L bottle masking taped to the top of the carboy sitting in a laundry tub while it continues to spew hate from the bowels of hell. Anybody else do stupid **** like this? Let's hear your stories.

20161211_061757[1].jpg

Haha! I love your solution. Yes, I've had trouble with vigorous fermentations before, keep in mind, the co2 and krausen have to go somewhere, ideally into a container of water/starsan via tubing from the neck of the carboy into the receiving container.

You've made a grenade, better buy your wife a good gift this Christmas!

Cooling wort once in the kitchen sink once, I left the water running into the kitchen sink and went into the basement. I heard water dripping, luckily it came in at a beam, and did not soak the ceiling tiles. Went upstairs and mopped up the water.

That is the worst brew happening other than boil overs.

Back