Keezer Build- Question about Painting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmccune13

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I am in the middle of my Keezer build and am at the point of needing to start painting (Wife wants to paint it instead of stain). However, I have not seen many if any keezer builds out there that are painted. I wanted to get your all's opinion on how you would paint your keezer. I plan on painting the box, frame, and coffin. Tiling the bar top and installing a back splash under the taps. I need to complete within the next couple of weeks and have it ready to go for a Christmas party. Let me know your thoughts and how you would do it.

http://imgur.com/3HEZBuh

Thanks!

is there a particular color scheme you need to compliment? Is it going inside, whats the colors of the room it will be in? Wall, furniture, rugs, floor etc?

It will be in the garage for now so nothing really needs to match paint wise. We are going for a greyish blue (see below). I guess my question is more should I add anything to the paint to make it look nicer, clean up easier, etc? Will paint even look good on something like this? I haven't seen too many if any painted before. Should I go the chalk paint route?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-MAR...-Gloss-Enamel-Interior-Paint-345001/205277373

I painted my collar / lid and have been pretty happy with it:
jsa656YvDpw3qVmocmOL1F83sKMkub6TaW-VFUB7fZn1G5A1trQZZWNlvEteqYSt-Hu79KLOcjlKwOuHJsSz4C25WfDBimY7l8nAZq54KkOWpEboGHE2x3m8IhXLUN7hmaL216uGkLHqlkfcgwff9x0nFL7423JJLUqyxaFfwieM1uKLXV2gryszk0xGAlLX8JbNwDgps-Rko1Nf6WN9NO_yOSaPaMHzbNGdanrL6xi3P5dOSMUkV1Vz1zOJ1Cc7nqD8CVy5H52y0xQanbsCf3irkMGzEQuNrVIgLVosCDNvhGNw851CIVvDwfVzlvPeE9bZ6VxE4AO47on1OvvY55Xu5BvogAc2NU2nwnarZJNRdA5YFu_WML6-2Wv7rmbeSNQQWkoTx6_stqvXPe97rdJz9pHAXLl9qRUZHzBKYoLNjZDd_bR1y91-k3qomiJtzTDex6iugSW51D92lgqhL_dWWSOsSlWn_LZS03NLROzNkuWhmIHIrSmfaPWFnfaCLtC_xjempn-PavN-iNGOrlGz6twD-Z9F2qLbqqAguZdK48fuPzQ3dN5ZqMK1U_AJO3dBhQvMTIpBCNpaqL_sU_P9Zi9SgmRbV_tbkR-c6m4rs8rkcBGi09zC4mJTvCBN-KCJOeRRioq_lHnKVazCF97JClqv4h_71Awhflz2x4E=w936-h702-no

I used the peel-stick vinyl tiles for simplicity on the top and it was SUPER easy. There are a ton of designs/styles of tile looking vinyl, it might be worth looking at that to save some time.

As far as the painting goes, plan on a few coats with sanding and filling holes between the coats. I used an exterior grade paint for mine so that I wouldn't have to worry about spills and moisture bubbling.

Back