SodaStream fitting only?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reggie88

Reaction score
Hello guys. Wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking for a fitting so I can attach my 20 lb. CO2 tank to a sodastream. I have a 20lb. CO2 tank with a regulator that I used to use to blow out dirty condenser coils. Its a non siphon tank cause only gas comes out. I'm looking to see where I can get a fitting that will attach directly to the sodastream with a 1/8 to 1/4" npt female thread on the end of it. I want to use my own hose and valves.
I don't want to spend 80 to 100 bucks for a setup with a hose. I want the fitting only. Does such a item exist? Thanks!

Does "to sodastream" mean their tank or dispenser? CO2doctor site used to have various adaptors, as did his competitors last I looked. Not many sodastream folks on this forum, so you will probably need google.

A few years ago someone posted how to run a big co2 tank line to the sodastream dispenser, which you can search for. Beware that sodastream designs these things to defeat you with nonstandard attachments. CO2doc site used to explain how sodastream tanks were booby trapped to make it hard for anybody else to refill. Sodastream aims to make money only from those who buy gas and syrup from them.

Thanks for the reply's fellows. I decided to abandon this project after seeing on youtube of instances of bottles exploding in people's face's.
This countertop unit would seemed to be ideal. No bottles. It must be a combination water cooler carbonator. I can't find a price online but I bet its too expensive for my budget.
http://www.alpinecoolers.com/forms/Carbonator.pdf
I'm going to call and find out for the hell of it. thanks!

Back