HERMS coil/themometer addition on a terminator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troxs

Reaction score
Could I add a weldless thermometer and HERMS coup to my blichmann terminator? I'm thinking of getting a FTSS from Ss and hooking it up on my current conical rather than dropping $775 for an Ss conical.

Could I add a weldless thermometer and HERMS coup to my blichmann terminator? I'm thinking of getting a FTSS from Ss and hooking it up on my current conical rather than dropping $775 for an Ss conical.

have you looked at a cool zone jacket and using like something like an stc1000 or inkbird temp controller with an aquarium pump? might be a better solution depending on your conical design.

You can add a tee to you chiller and add a thermometer to that on the output side of it. Ive done it myself on my duda chiller.

I have not. It is a blichmann 14.5 conical. I was thinking about using the coils on the inside specifically because it would essentially become like the FTSs system, but mostly just afraid that adding weldless fitting to the conical would cause another issue.

EDIT: Went look at the cooling jacket, and while it is a nice concept. I would prefer to have a coil inside for chilling similar to the FTSs system

Back