setting up my first system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radwizard

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to build my first Kegerator, and have been researching different systems. My goal is to have a two faucet keezer. I have the freezer, and am looking at conversion kits online. But have questions to what actual set up would be ideal for me.
In all the kits they have all the necessary fittings to hook up the kegs to the faucets, but there isn't any that have extra lines to get a keg carbed up and ready while you are currently drinking out of the kegs hooked to the faucets.

Unless I am missing something, my ideal set-up would allow me to be drinking out of my two kegs hooked to the faucets, but have a keg or two hooked up to gas and ready to drink as soon I finish one. Should I get a three way or four way manifold for my two faucet keg? Is this what everybody does?
Or do I actually need dual body regulators for each line, enabling me to burst carb while serving other beers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to invest in a quality system that won't all need to get upgraded - But I don't know squat about kegging.
Thanks!

If you want to carb at higher pressure, I think you just answered your own question.

Do you have a chest or upright freezer for your keezer?

I have an 8cf chest freezer that holds 5 kegs but has only 4 taps. I do what you're considering in that I usually have more kegs in the keezer than are tapped. The others are cold conditioning or just duplicates of something that is already on tap since I brew 10 gallon batches. When I'm getting close to the bottom of a keg of one type beer I'll hook up the gas to the second keg of that type so its ready to go.

I have a 4 line gas manifold and three of them use pin lock gas connectors for my kegs but I have one with a ball lock connector to be able to connect to a quick carbonator ball lock screw on cap for soda bottles so I can force carbonate in them.

Do you have a chest or upright freezer for your keezer?

I have an 8cf chest freezer that holds 5 kegs but has only 4 taps. I do what you're considering in that I usually have more kegs in the keezer than are tapped. The others are cold conditioning or just duplicates of something that is already on tap since I brew 10 gallon batches. When I'm getting close to the bottom of a keg of one type beer I'll hook up the gas to the second keg of that type so its ready to go.

I have a 4 line gas manifold and three of them use pin lock gas connectors for my kegs but I have one with a ball lock connector to be able to connect to a quick carbonator ball lock screw on cap for soda bottles so I can force carbonate in them.

Thanks. Yeah, that was basically what I was wondering. I know I want a dual tap, but I just wasn't sure how I could carb and store future beers because the kits online just offer set ups for how many taps you want.

Also I wasn't clear on the need for a dual body regulator because I hear conflicting opinions on their value.

Back