thermistor issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBiermann

Reaction score
Hi All,

Haven't been brewing much in quite awhile; started a business, had a baby and bought a boat so have been very busy. But now that it's winter again I've brushed off my old RIMs project and have immediately run into an issue.

I bought a different probe, A BCS460 thermistor (really, I just liked the quick disconnects to the wires and I'm not interested in the BCS remote functionality) and I cant figure out how to wire the damn think to my PID (mypin ta4). It has a black, white and red lead. The PT100 setting is also a thermistor setting no? So it should be able to read the BCS style thermistor?

would anyone be so kind as to tell me which wire goes where?

Obliged,

Josh

Pt100 and thermistors are similar in that they vary resistance with temperature. But that's about it. You need to make sure the PID you are using accepts a thermistor input and if so you have it set up properly for it. Thermistors are two wires, not three like most PT100 probes. So you need to figure out if the black, red, and white which ones are the actual two wires leading to the resistor. If you have a meter, this is easy. Or ask they folks you bought it from - they will know how it's terminated into the connector.

Latest posts

Back