Burner ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux11

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been cooking on a turkey fryer propane burner doing 5gal batches and slowly adding tools and part to my kit. It is time to look at getting a better burner.
What burner would you recommend?
Blichmann has the new Hellfire Burner
Edelmetal burner - costs the same as the Blichmann
Drak star looks to be similar BTu but 1/3 the price.

All things being equal and if money wasn't a problem what's the best option?

Thanks

I have a turkey fryer under my HLT. It is slow. And a Bayou Classic SP10 for the BK. It is a little hotter. If I was to replace them I am going to the Hellfire. The others look good but don't surpass it. I have read not so good reviews of the Dark Star. The SP10 seems just as good for less.

Others use Bayou Classic burners of a grade between the SP10 and Blichmann.

looks like Blichmann is excluded from all sales and special deals. I was hoping to get one ordered with the holiday sales.
Where would you get one from?

looks like Blichmann is excluded from all sales and special deals. I was hoping to get one ordered with the holiday sales.
Where would you get one from?

The place with the cheapest delivery charges, as the prices for Blichmann products are pretty much set in concrete...

Cheers!

I'd go with the blichmann style for whatever price you can get. It's nice not listening to the burner going non-stop but you can buy the same burner from a couple different manufacturers. I'd go with the Hellfire if I wanted to have the newest of things. I also considered selling my 1st generation beer gun to try out the new one.

I used the Blichmann (pre hellfire) before converting to electric. I had 3 of them that I found used here or there. I had the bayou classic sq14 prior and the difference is stark. You can find them cheaper used and they are super durable. I'm actually selling one of my remaining burners with legs extensions for 120 locally unfortunately I think shipping would be rough...

Check out the concord 3 leg stand banjo burner. Very similar to bilchman burner but only $75. 140k BTU's!

It can handle a full 30 gallon pot.

Blichmann has and earns "Engineering" in their name. Just saying...... And with lower quality products going on sale they have put their products on sale as well. Just have to keep checking and wait it out. Last December I got a 10 gal pot for a really good price- and I love it.

+1 for blichmann as you said price is not of consideration. More beer may have free shipping, and depending on your state, maybe no sales tax.

Sooo- Best I could find was at HomeBrewSupply.com
Got free shipping and as a new customer they took 5% off. total was 142 and change. They are back ordered which I got a personal call the next business day to confirm I wanted to wait.
No other had free shipping which ranged from $16-$32 for regular shipping. Some added taxes but all excluded all Blichmann from any discount.
Will report back when I get it and fire it up. Super excited.

Used a Bayou SP10 for the last year and upgraded to Blichmann (not hellfire) a few months ago.... love it! Heats quicker and it doesn't sound like a helicopter is landing on my porch. I bought the leg extensions so its easy to go from kettle to fermenter

im using a bayou classic kab4, im really thinking i need to upgrade mine at some point. my keggle barely fits on it.

Back