NE IPA hops help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokebucket

Reaction score
A couple buddies have asked me to make this style. While I dont mind buying hops, I have the following bulk hops on hand and would like to use what I have. What do yall think?

Amarillo
Cascade
Centennial
Columbus (vacuum sealed 3 years old)

A couple buddies have asked me to make this style. While I dont mind buying hops, I have the following bulk hops on hand and would like to use what I have. What do yall think?

Amarillo
Cascade
Centennial
Columbus (vacuum sealed 3 years old)

Of these four I'd bitter with centennial and finish with amarillo and maybe a bit of cascade.

Bitter with ctz late boil some cent wlp with cent and amarillo id pic up a few oz of citra or mosiac to go with it. Make sure you dry hop right as fermentation is slowing it helps a ton in this style. I do it right as high kruasen falls but u still have activity.

I agree with bigplunkett on Dry Hopping towards the end of ferm to encourage hop compound biotransformation and haze formation. Did you end up brewing this yet? What yeast did you go with? London Ale III? Yeast Bay Vermont Ale? Hopefully not a sample from the bottom of a Heady Topper lol

No, I havent brewed it yet. TBH, it might be a while, as I need to get rid of some first. I dont want to have this just sitting around aging, so I think I will wait until my current on tap brews start running low.

We have a local yeast distributor (RVA Yeast labs) that has Heady Topper yeast in a 200 billion cell package. That is what I will most likely use.

Probably will just stick with the proven hops, to be honest....but I will have to change the grain bill a bit. That stuff that looks like tan milk just looks too rough. Maybe add some crystal to get a more orange tint and make it at least a little more easy on the eyes.

Latest posts

Back