My first beer = great success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megachimp

Reaction score
OK, technically my second attempt, since my first attempt was a complete failure that I wouldn't classify as beer. :)

So I've always wanted to brew beer and recently decided to give it a shot. Like most things in my life, I jumped in with both feet and decided to go with all grain to start. I bought a Grainfather, some speidel fermenters and a bunch of other equipment.

The recipe I tried was for an african amber. I ended up modifying the recipe to give me something a little darker than the original recipe called for. The brew day went great and after two weeks in the fermenter the moment of truth came. Wow! It is awesome!

I've had it on tap now for a week and it's nearly gone. All my beer drinking friends are in love with it and I'm getting tons of growlers from people to fill up.

I know it's possible to make great beer at home, but I had no idea I could make something this awesome. Frankly, I'm shocked! It's seriously one of the best beers I've ever had. AND I MADE IT!

I made another batch this past weekend to see if I can replicate it or if the previous batch was a fluke. Needless to say, I'm hooked. Thanks to this website for being such a great resource!

If ever a dancing banana was in order this is the occasion! :ban::ban::ban:

Here's a pic

mD0bSxz.jpg

Cheers!

Awesome! You're hooked! Welcome to the obsession! :mug:

Hooked indeed! I'm three days removed from my last brew day and I'm already planning the next one. Beyond that I'm actively trying to convince my friends to buy kegerators so I have more excuses to brew. :D

Hooked indeed! I'm three days removed from my last brew day and I'm already planning the next one. Beyond that I'm actively trying to convince my friends to buy kegerators so I have more excuses to brew. :D

3 days??? You're slow. I might have 2 or 3 new brews planned before I even start the first. :p:D:ban:

Congrats on your first brew coming through for you. I am sure it's not a fluke.

I imagine right now you are feeling a little bit like alice, lol.

I have my grain bill planned for the next 12 brews. .... .... it's actually sad, having trouble keeping my fermenters filled at this time of the year. (in January running 5-6, now only have 1 filled. 2 kegs conditioning, and 6 cases bottled conditioning...

3 days??? You're slow. I might have 2 or 3 new brews planned before I even start the first. :p:D:ban:

I usually have 4-5 mapped out for a couple months hence. It's what I (we?) do...

Congrats on the success btw!

Back