In need of a recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolcanuck

Reaction score
Anyone have a nice sweet small batch about (4-4.5 L) blueberry wine using ec1118.I'd like to try it unfortunately I can only get that yeast but I have most other additives, Campden tabs,acid blend, yeast energizer and pectic enzym and dextrose

ANY SUGGESTION IS A GOOD ONE IM A COMPLETE NOOB

Anyone think it will be an issue to use store bought blueberries and raisins, I just realized I don't have enough blueberries. Do you think it's an issue to use dextrose instead of table sugar. I have great value wild blueberries and great value saltana raisins. I checked the additives and the raisins have sunflower oil on them and the blueberries are just berries. I had also bought some dextrose for another recipe form a bulk food store. I also have a packet of EC 1118, yeast energizer and pectic enzym, Camden tablets, citric blend and I wanted to make Jack Kellers high bush blueberry wine (full bodied) wine. Please let me know if you guys can see any concerns with my plan. I will be using a Walmart 2 gal bucket with lid and a bung stuck in it and a paint strainer bag for my primary.

I use frozen fruit from the grocery store for wine all the time, so no problem there.
the oil on the raisins worries me. I use sunmaid raisins... nothing but grapes & sunshine!
subbing the dextrose is fine too.
I haven't personally made the blueberry yet but have made several of Keller's wines & they always turn out great.
good luck & keep us posted.

I'll probably take the raisins back just to be safe, I have a batch of strawberry wine that I made with what I have lol it's been a hassle I'll probably start the blueberry in about 4 or 5 days and I hope the ec-1118

I've started my blueberry wine today using jack Kellers recipe: 2 lb. blueberries
1 lb. raisins
2 lb. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. pectic enzyme
1-1/2 tsp. acid blend
1/2 tsp. yeast energizer
1 gallon water
crushed Campden tablet
wine yeast

The only thing I did was use a straining bag for ease of pressing come secondary transfers, but it smells awesome lol just didn't realize how small of a batch it really is, I'm going to follow the rest of the instructions to a T and leave no airlock on until secondary and take my readings until it hits 1.040.I'm also going to be taking a reading before I add the yeast, he also didn't mention to hydrate the yeast or not so I will go ahead and do tthat.

image.jpg

Back