Remote thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maylar

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can anybody suggest / recommend a wireless thermometer with a probe that can be sanitized and suspended inside the fermentor? I'll be brewing at cellar temperatures without active controls and I'd like to be able to monitor what's going on without having to climb the stairs.

This looks great. Do you use a thermowell for the fermenters?

No, I have a piece of foam on the side of the fermenter secured with a bungee and stick the probe between the fermenter and foam.

In the kegerator I have a jar of water with a plastic lid that I drilled a hole in that the probe goes into.

No, I have a piece of foam on the side of the fermenter secured with a bungee and stick the probe between the fermenter and foam.

In the kegerator I have a jar of water with a plastic lid that I drilled a hole in that the probe goes into.

Do you think the probe would slide into a thermowell, or are they too thick?

Some HBT members have reported a 0° to 1°F difference between a thermowell temp reading and a thermometer isolated from the ambient on the outside of the fermentor. A simple and inexpensive solution can be a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer. We have a $10 model from Cabelas. The unit does receive the signal through several walls.

Back