Weldless brew stand that won't kill me with fumes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippyclown

Reaction score
I'd like to buy all the materials soon to build a brew stand that doesn't require welding. Lots of threads on that topic but from what I'm seeing people are using materials that shouldn't be heated (plated, galvenized struts, etc).

Is there a safe way to do this? Something I can get at the local HD or Lowes?

zc

Use anything easy and then use a stainless, aluminum or mild steel insert / heat shield around the burner to keep the stand from heating up.

Standoffs between the insert and the stand and the burner attaches to the insert or a pipe or connection lower on the stand.

Here is a post someone already figured out a solution:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=287404

I was looking at the strutchannelfittings kits myself before I caved in and purchased a prefab SS structure. They offer the option of a SS top deck, which would give you best of both worlds; inexpensive structural materials but heat-safe SS where it matters.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Fire it up the first couple of times with good ventilation. Anything bad will burn off quickly.

Back