Turn Key eHERMS Brewery - The Spike System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After over a year of designing, developing, testing, sourcing, manufacturing and more testing we are excited to announce that our new "Buy Once, Cry Once" turn key brewing solution we call the Spike System is now available!! :ban::mug:

Our assembly and use video can be seen HERE which outline what is all included as well as how the system works.

If you have additional questions you can also email us directly at [email protected].

Tri-clamp version available?

No tri-clamp turn key version. The TC fittings just aren't needed on the hot side of brewing. They are blingy but don't add any function. They actually add a lot of cost and hamper the functionality on such a small brewing scale. Watch the video and you'll see how easy the push to connect fittings are for hoses, HERMS coil, pickups, etc.

Very impressive turn-key Brutus system. Kinda the "Heath Kit" version of the Morebeer and Sabco offerings :)

btw, do you have any problems with the pump heads up-side-down?

Cheers!

As long as the electrician coming out today gives me positive information, it looks like I'll be placing my order for the 15 gallon setup today!

Awesome! If he has any questions please let us know. It's a very simple install for an electrician though. Add a GFCI breaker, run 4 wires and install an outlet.

Awesome! If he has any questions please let us know. It's a very simple install for an electrician though. Add a GFCI breaker, run 4 wires and install an outlet.

Thanks! Everything looked good and the price to run a 220 line was well within budget. I placed my order yesterday afternoon! I'll be sure to document the setup and the first few brews and share it here. I'm so excited!!! :mug:

I have to admit if I had it to do over again I would not have gone all tri clover fittings. Added a ton of cost to my rig and I dont see the real benefit. I just dont feel the need to take it apart and clean but about once per 5 brews or so, and that is probably self imposed.

I brew in the kitchen and SWIMBO won't let me leave my brewery set up year round (go figure) so I disassemble after every brew. TCs aren't necessary but they've made things much easier.

Nice setup and great video. Music was too high in beginning segment. Would like to see a video of cleaning the thing after an actual brew day including dumping the mash etc.

Latest posts

Back