A quick Thank You!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboy_brew

Reaction score
So no question, just a quick Thank You for all of the great posts on this forum. I've recently started brewing and am having a great time learning and experimenting. Started out with an IPA extract kit which tastes fantastic. Followed that with an Oktoberfest extract kit that I bottled today. Branched out to non-kit extract recipes including a vanilla porter that I brewed today.

The only problem is that I'm running out of bottles. Guess I just need to start drinking (or get the neighbors involved). Now I just need to convince Santa to bring me a better kettle.

Oh, and by the way, when SWMBO gets upset with the laboratory that has become the basement, I'm blaming all of you! :rockin:

Prost! :mug:

If you have the storage space bottles that you have to buy are a good investment. They come in a nice box with dividers so they store easily full or empty and are nearly infinitely recyclable as all you need to do is rinse them out well right when you empty them, then wash them when ready to bottle again.

I've used bottles that I picked up sometimes but I've had some pretty nasty ones to clean before I could use them. Bottles from the bar may have had the screw off tops which are not the best for capping and some bottles have too small of a lip for the capper to grip too.

you can find good bottle deals on amazon , i always like buying the bombers and the grolsch styles as they are great for sharing. and if theres no one to share it with you get to drink the whole thing :D

you could always ask santa for a keg as well.

Head off to your local bar and offer to buy their empty's for what ever the local deposit return is.

I think different states have different restrictions but in some states bars and restaurants are forbidden from selling or giving you used bottles. The concern is that in principle some um... entrepreneurial.. folk may refill the bottles with um... crap and resell them as if the contents are what is on the label.

Was able to get a couple of neighbors to help me out in collecting bottles. Won't be bottling the porter for ~3 weeks so plenty of time to drink!

So no question, just a quick Thank You for all of the great posts on this forum. I've recently started brewing and am having a great time learning and experimenting. Started out with an IPA extract kit which tastes fantastic. Followed that with an Oktoberfest extract kit that I bottled today. Branched out to non-kit extract recipes including a vanilla porter that I brewed today.

The only problem is that I'm running out of bottles. Guess I just need to start drinking (or get the neighbors involved). Now I just need to convince Santa to bring me a better kettle.

Oh, and by the way, when SWMBO gets upset with the laboratory that has become the basement, I'm blaming all of you! :rockin:

Prost! :mug:

So after all this camaraderie and help, you are throwing us under the bus??

You're welcome, I guess...

Back