Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scturo

Reaction score
This is a thread for HBers from different parts of the country to trade local brews. It gives people the chance to try beers that they might not otherwise have a chance to try. I'm looking for at least 12 participants to get this going. It will be a raffle of choices. Post in this thread if you want to join. Cheers All!

Cool! I've done this in other websites, and it's always been awesome. Hoping for similar results in HBT. Cheers!

Not Local only, nation wide. We've traded from Florida, NYC, to Cali. We would post all participants offers, then hold a raffle. First pick takes first choice and so on. Lots of fun.

Not Local only, nation wide. We've traded from Florida, NYC, to Cali. We would post all participants offers, then hold a raffle. First pick takes first choice and so on. Lots of fun.

So would I list the breweries I would ship and then pick the beer or would I list specific beers from each brewery. Also what volume are you looking at?

The way it works is that each participant would offer up a beer glass/mug and a beer. We would then post all of the offers so people can see what is being offered. We would then have a raffle to decide picking order. The top pick would have first choice, and so on. Great fun.

Cool, the current list is the following. Let's keep it going,

- Scturo
- b-boy
- aeviaanah
- TBC

Sure Yooper,

- Boardies needs to be 21 or older to participate. Also limited to USA boardies only.

- Every participant will offer up a drinking glass and at least one beer to be raffled.

- Once all offers are in, they will be posted so everyone can see what is being offered.

- Names will then be drawn via online random selector.

- The picking order will then be posted, and whoever gets the first pick will get to choose first, and so forth until all selections have been made.

- The boardies will then send out the offers to the selecting HBers.

That's it, so are you in Yooper?

Sure Yooper,

- Boardies needs to be 21 or older to participate.

- Every participant will offer up a drinking glass and at least one beer to be raffled.

- Once all offers are in, they will be posted so everyone can see what is being offered.

- Names will then be drawn via online random selector.

- The picking order will then be posted, and whoever gets the first pick will get to choose first, and so forth until all selections have been made.

- The boardies will then send out the offers to the selecting HBers.

That's it, so are you in Yooper?

I can't play (nothing much to offer right now, and consumed with fall tasks), but this is ok with me so I'll approve it. Thanks for the explanation!

Current list

- Scturo

- b-boy

- aeviaanah

- TBC

1. Scturo
2. b-boy
3. aeviaanah
4. TBC
5. Roland_deschain

Keep them coming. Great fun folks,

1. Scturo

2. b-boy

3. aeviaanah

4. TBC

5. Roland_deschain

6. EcuPirate07

Also, this is limited to USA HBers. Sending beer internationally is too much of a pain.

I have done these kinds of trades with scturo before, they are always great and the raffle is fun.

I would say "in" but it's a bit lean for me RN. Maybe if something happens & there is still room later, or next round.

:)

Lots of fun folks, don't be shy. We will give it a week and see where we are at. Twelve players isn't a must, we can do a few more or less.

Current list

1. Scturo

2. b-boy

3. aeviaanah

4. TBC

5. Roland_deschain

6. EcuPirate07

7. imasickboy

This sounds great! First time doing something like this, so I'll be yielding to the direction of Scturo but count me in!

Current List

1. Scturo

2. b-boy

3. aeviaanah

4. TBC

5. Roland_deschain

6. EcuPirate07

7. imasickboy

8. Nickbtag

9. tjosborne

Two spots left folks, don't miss out,

Current List

1. Scturo

2. b-boy

3. aeviaanah

4. TBC

5. Roland_deschain

6. EcuPirate07

7. imasickboy

8. Nickbtag

9. tjosborne

10. nickfern

Screw it I'm in. Are we packing up a mixed sixer or a few bombers? How does it usually work @Scturo I just want to be fair in terms of $ put in.

Welcome aboard Kev. It is very simple. Put up a drinking glass and a local beer. Price is not considered. The goal is to share good local beers. In the past, people in these trades have put up a couple of local beers, or HBs, or a six pack or even a growler of local beer. Just share something you consider a good local brew. Don't feel like you have to put up a big name. No pressure bud,

Current List

1. Scturo

2. b-boy

3. aeviaanah

4. TBC

5. Roland_deschain

6. EcuPirate07

7. imasickboy

8. Nickbtag

9. tjosborne

10. nickfern

11. RevKev

If you already have an offer ready, send a pic to me. Once all of the offers are in, I will post them all at once. This will give everyone a chance to see all the offers at the same time. We have enough people to move forward, but I want to give people At least a week to get their offers in.

We have enough people to move forward, so I will begin the raffle on Friday. At this point I will post the instructions for the raffle, and give everyone at least a week to get their offers to me.

Welcome aboard Kev. It is very simple. Put up a drinking glass and a local beer. Price is not considered. The goal is to share good local beers. In the past, people in these trades have put up a couple of local beers, or HBs, or a six pack or even a growler of local beer. Just share something you consider a good local brew. Don't feel like you have to put up a big name. No pressure bud,

Sounds good I'll do some shopping after my synthetic organic exam tomorrow! I'm excited :) thanks for setting this up

Carpe Diem,

I am new here, but I will send my favorite brew from our local brewery, if you will have me.

Back