What's a fair asking price for my Son-of-a-Fermentation Chamber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

To free up some space in my brew area, I hope to sell the Son-of-a-Fermentation Chamber that I built a few years ago. It got me through a lot of brews, but after I built my keezer, I repurposed my kegerator as my fermentation chamber.

I know I'll never get back what I put into it (probably in parts alone), but I'm hoping to get something for it. I'm going to start by trying to sell it through a local brewing club, and I'd like your advice on what a fair asking price would be.

It's based on the typical design, but I did redesign it to be taller, so that it can hold two 5-6 gallon carboys, with airlocks or blow-off tubes. It has a ritetemp thermostat with a rewired sensor so it can be taped to a carboy or inserted in a thermowell, and it uses a pc fan to cycle the air when it's on. Obviously, I took it beyond being just a foam box.

I brew ales, and I've had no issues holding 50s or 60s with a few ice jugs. I tried to cold-crash in it a couple times, and was able to get it into the lower 40s by added ice jugs in the main chamber.

So, what do you think I should ask for it? Thanks for your help!

Son 1.jpg

Son 2.jpg

Back