For some, it's all about the gadgets....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasunkaWitko

Reaction score
14462992_1039625469468768_4292997189531321390_n.jpg

It would not be hard to devise a sensor and PLC to count bubbles and their timing.

I mean, I don't think I could do it, but the concept seems simple enough for someone with good programming skillz.

Eff that, I want a sensor to graph/timeline the sugar decrease/alcohol increase.

And I want it automated, with a live feed camera that I can share to my IG/Facebook feed and I wanna do with with Raspberry Pi so I can keep bragging about how my pi is better then yours. And I wanna call the software program Harambe's Revenge. #thanksObama

For reals tho I know what you mean, I'm always looking for new tools/gadgets/hardware to either make life more interesting, entertain/frustrate me with the build or just basically for me to waste money on so I can brag about it to my small circle of homebrewing friends. I've also recently gotten into home security/surveillance cameras and systems and that's an entirely different can of worms for me to waste my money on.

:cheers:

Eff that, I want a sensor to graph/timeline the sugar decrease/alcohol increase.

And I want it automated, with a live feed camera that I can share to my IG/Facebook feed and I wanna do with with Raspberry Pi so I can keep bragging about how my pi is better then yours. And I wanna call the software program Harambe's Revenge. #thanksObama

For reals tho I know what you mean, I'm always looking for new tools/gadgets/hardware to either make life more interesting, entertain/frustrate me with the build or just basically for me to waste money on so I can brag about it to my small circle of homebrewing friends. I've also recently gotten into home security/surveillance cameras and systems and that's an entirely different can of worms for me to waste my money on.

:cheers:

Go buy one of those Brew Nannies!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=467757

It's got everything you want and more (Or will have once they start shipping units...)

But does it have Bluetooth? :confused:

Sadly, I do not think so.

I picked up a very cheap WiFi chip to play with that connects to your home wireless and you can program to monitor such things, but I never got around to programming it for beermaking.

I think the kit cost $7. With the right sensors you could build an inexpensive monitoring system for cheap. This is why I think that Brew Nanny is not going to work out. Someone will come along with a comparable product for lots less in a few years. IF there is any demand for it.

I think most brewers are happy to configure a less automated system. Or even simply go with the iBall method.

I want a gadget that will tell me exactly how many yeast cells there are at any given moment in my yeast starters. Wifi, with a series of :mad::(:p:):D that will tell my how happy/healthy the yeast are, along with the cell count.

Back