Working on electric brew progress questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffinman

Reaction score
This is in my breaker box
20160920_160549.jpg

It runs to this box

20160920_124719.jpg

I am replacing it with this box

20160920_171502.jpg

My question is am I on the right track?

second Dose the neutral run to the PID only?

I have no pump planed for now.

I think we need a little more information to answer well.. but this looks about right to me. Neutral on a 220v circuit is needed only if you are going to pull a 120v circuit off for something.. so it sounds like you are on the right track, unless you have another 11v outlet close as well you wanted to use.

I plan on using the inkbird ITC- 106vh to control temp and a 5500 whatt hot water heater eliminate. For now just setting up as a brew in bag . So are you saying I dont need neutral at all?

Sounds like I shoud use 3 prong instead on the other hand I may need 4 prong in future.

The inkbird says 120 to 220 for voltage don't think I need 120v.

Are you adding AC driven pumps? They tend to want 120V and therefore a neutral. If you're using 12/24V DC pumps it's pretty easy to find a power supply that is fine with 240V.

I have no pumps planned for now. You know how brewing goes. I will just keep the 4 prong and leave neutral disconnected on the plug. If I need it later I can connect it. looking at the pid I have no neutral is needed. I got my inkbird in today. I had points on my amazon cc and got it for $7 plus shipping normally $30 plus. I have my heating element coming from amazon also 5500 watt used a promo credit and got it for $7 shipped. I don't know how amazon stays in business.

I got my pot ready and it leak tested good. Any body know why my photos are upside down. The look right until I upload them.

20160928_143327.jpg

20160928_140317.jpg

20160928_142954.jpg

...Any body know why my photos are upside down. The look right until I upload them.

To save time and processing resources, your camera doesn't actually rotate the picture when you take it. Instead, it saves metadata about the state of the camera's rotation to the image's EXIF data. The software used to view the image is supposed to read that orientation data and rotate it accordingly before rendering it to the screen. Unfortunately, not all software (including this website) recognizes the metadata.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you but here's more info:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/amp/

Thanks Sam for the photo info. I did my first brew today and all worked pretty good still need to do a few adjustments. I like the pid for holding my temps at 153 and when I did my boil I set the pid temp to 210 which is boiling at my altitude. I think this saved electricity as the heater cut on and off just maintaining boil temp. I not that great at calculating efficiency but I had sg of 1.033 pre boil and og 1.051 after boil and that was in the target range for my all grain kit.

20161006_180043.jpg

ib.jpg

Back