Advise needed..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan89

Reaction score
Hi, im after some advise regarding my equipment.. a few months ago i was brewing my own ales, and i waited two month till it was finally bottling day, i got it all sterilized, set up, just about to syphon it and my missis poured the f***** down the sink..! I nearly left her.. i was not happy, i rinsed it out and basically chucked the gear back in the storage area and its been their for a good few month, now im in a position where she wont get anywhere near it again, ( locks on the door ) :) and i want to start it up again, but im unsure as to whether i can use the equipment or not.. would clean and sterilize be ok.?

Of course it will be fine. We all have setbacks when we first start, but that's the first time I ever heard of that happening! Just clean everything very well and you're back to where ypou started.

Give everything a wipe down with a damp cloth or a good rinse and continue as you would have when you first started (minus the wifey dumping it). I would say good luck with your next beer but it sounds more like the beer needs the luck/will to survive than you do :D

First forgive the missus.
Second find a way to laugh about it.

Third, sanitize the equipment and start over - you will be fine.

She will remember the frustration of last event. Let her know she is more important than the beer before you start.

Thankyou m8.. much appreciated.. when she pulled her head out her ass she bought me another kit and appologised.. :)

Dan - we are all aware that 'locks on the door' is code word for chopping her up in little pieces and feeding her to the sharks .. no prob .. your secret is safe here.

Touche. The interwebs are a very private, secure place

Now i never raise a hand to a woman.. but **** i was raging..! I stormed out n went to free my mind at night.. :)

So.. have you lot got anything on the go.? My next one will be a damson wine.. or the st. Peters red ruby ale kit..

Back